bbc news 24 depression

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

I've been watching bbc news 24 for the last 3 weeks because the batteries ran out on the remote, and I think I actually slipped into depression.

I took the AAAs out of my rear bike light and put them in the control, and have just wound down with a bit of Waldemar Januszczak, the art critic, on caravaggio on BBC4. I might be up for a bit of celebrity something tommorrow.

I reckon all freeview things should have a safety switch that puts you back to non-news channels for the safety and sanity of the nation. Your nation and my nation.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
chapeau.

Abitrary said:
I took the AAAs out of my rear bike light and put them in the control, and have just wound down with a bit of Waldemar Januszczak, the art critic, on caravaggio on BBC4. I might be up for a bit of celebrity something tommorrow.
A regrettable move. The Baroque program was awful, thanks to the witless lump of lippy lard hosting. Just terrible.

But get away from the evils of 24hr news. I've made a conscious decision to stop reading the local rag and lots of the nationals because the endless tide of negative bullsh*t was giving me indigestion. Even Wonderbra Anussack has to be better than that.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Chuffy said:
A regrettable move. The Baroque program was awful, thanks to the witless lump of lippy lard hosting. Just terrible.

But get away from the evils of 24hr news. I've made a conscious decision to stop reading the local rag and lots of the nationals because the endless tide of negative bullsh*t was giving me indigestion. Even Wonderbra Anussack has to be better than that.

eh? Apart from AA Gill, who was originally an art critic, name a better art critic than waldemar? Don't say bryan sewell.

I did however feel a bit bilious when I saw his fat little sandalled feet stridently pottering around courtyards.

Abitrary said:
eh? Apart from AA Gill, who was originally an art critic, name a better art critic than waldemar? Don't say bryan sewell.

I did however feel a bit bilious when I saw his fat little sandalled feet stridently pottering around courtyards.
:smile: Those pudgy little piggies were a bit much.

Can't remember the chaps name but he did a series on the Renaissance recently. Tall chap, moderately posh. Oh and my ex-roommate at college. He was the person who first introduced me to Bernini's Ecstasy Of St Theresa with the immortal words 'she looks like that because she's having a glop'. Mr Janitorsmop chose to disagree. Bernini was portraying religious ecstasy and 'how do you do that? You do it like that' <points pointlessly to statue> Yes, thanks for that illuminating explanation, you portly little tw*t. What Bernini did was co-opt an expression of sexual ecstasy, because that's what's happening to her. But that was beyond your chubby toed imagination. Witless tool...:wacko:

AA Gill just thinks that The Baroque is a little trattoria in St Johns Wood that only he has heard of.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Chuffy said:
Can't remember the chaps name but he did a series on the Renaissance recently. Tall chap, moderately posh. Oh and my ex-roommate at college. He was the person who first introduced me to Bernini's Ecstasy Of St Theresa with the immortal words 'she looks like that because she's having a glop'. Mr Janitorsmop chose to disagree. Bernini was portraying religious ecstasy and 'how do you do that? You do it like that' <points pointlessly to statue> Yes, thanks for that illuminating explanation, you portly little tw*t. What Bernini did was co-opt an expression of sexual ecstasy, because that's what's happening to her. But that was beyond your chubby toed imagination. Witless tool...:biggrin:

If you don't mind a bit of honest criticism yourself, that busy little lump of unpunctuation that you wrote there is reminiscent of bonj at his most overexcited.

Dave5N

Über Member
You're ex-poly aren't you, abbers?

yello

Chuffy said:
I've made a conscious decision to stop reading the local rag

Shame on you! By far the most interesting stories are the reports of local bring-and-buy sales, school fetes, aikido in the local community centre, etc etc etc.

But I do genuinely like the local paper and always have - wherever I've lived. And now, I find that I pay far more attention to our weekly local rag than the daily regional. That's partly due, I suspect, to our different situations but also because I do, in all seriousness, like local papers.

sheddy

Legendary Member
I guess that the BBC are determined to see this Govt out. Regardless that their constant doomongering ultimately affects everyone. It will be interesting to see if they run a story on what % red nose donations are down on last year

yello said:
Shame on you! By far the most interesting stories are the reports of local bring-and-buy sales, school fetes, aikido in the local community centre, etc etc etc.
I am a sad excuse for a human being as I don't give a toss about any of these things. However, being someone who works for a local authority, the endless council bashing and the distorted near-lies that make up a lot of the stories do get very wearing after a while and can give a chap indigestion. If you see stuff from the other side of the looking glass, the crap that the papers print, nationals and locals, starts to look very, very shabby indeed.

Top Bottom