BBC Sports Personality of the Year (SPOTY) 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
But is your average SPOTY voter looking at the CL?

Is team voted for by the general public? I thought it was just Personality?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Is there a rule that says there has to be a golfer in the short list?
Odd isnt it. Danny Willett won one tournament because the guy in front chocked, and has had a poor end of season.

There are no rowers on the list despite them winning multiple golds over a number of cycles.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It's a deeply flawed and deeply cringe-worthy piece of whimsy.
It doesn't merit deep analysis or angst, in my etcetera, etcetera...

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Kadeena Cox for me by a country mile.

The Murrays, Bales, Trotts and Kennys of this world should be good at what they do as every resource under the sun is thrown at them.

Miss Cox on the other hand has had to overcome a massive obstacle that would have broken the strongest of wills. Even to have gone back to sport would have been big, but her accomplishments are over and above what the others have done.

Kadeena Cox for me by a country mile.

The Murrays, Bales, Trotts and Kennys of this world should be good at what they do as every resource under the sun is thrown at them.

Miss Cox on the other hand has had to overcome a massive obstacle that would have broken the strongest of wills. Even to have gone back to sport would have been big, but her accomplishments are over and above what the others have done.
I disagree regarding Murray. He wasn't part of any LTA run program as a teenager.

screenman

Legendary Member
Regardless of how much a number 1 sports person makes they still have to work hard and take more pain than most of us are prepared to.

Last edited:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Is it just me or are Claire Balding and Eddie Izzard twins separated at birth? :whistle::laugh:

Top Bottom