been a while since ive visited but..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

noodle

thinking about a new bike, ok i have the mtb side covered and im happy with the road thing i have but im finding i need something in the middle

long rides to work along tarmac and gravel mean both are awkward. those skinny tyres while nice on the hard surfaces are hairy to say the least on loose gravel (limestone stuff farmers love to pack onto bridal ways) and the mtb is bit slow and cumbersome on the roads sooooo

im thinking of buying something cyclocrossy and currently ive got it down to four:-
the giant revolt 2
canondale caad sora disc,
trek crossrip elite
and last but by no means least the orange rx9

reasons for those four are fairly sound in my mind

giant, i quite like the giant i have
cannondale who doesn't like them...
trek just look at the thing matt black its a positive stealth bike
orange ive always lusted after them since the clockwork from those long lost days of my youth

ok i know i shouldnt be so shallow and just work on the looks but cmon ive considered the revolt(ing)

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
E, None of the above.

I suggest a budget blowing GT - Carbon Grade 105

I want one, I want one, I want one, I want one.................

Trouble is, I'm sure it was 'only' £1800 when launched a few months ago but must have realised they were practically giving it away so have upped the price :sad:

EDIT: Welcome back.

vickster

Legendary Member
All my bikes have at least a carbon fork and I'm not skinny...steel forks are heavy...the non skinny among us need all the help we can get on hills ;)

OP
OP
noodle

noodle

Only to get up make it nose heavy on the descent and let the fun begin

Can you tell I've grown up on clunky 26 inch wheeled things

Yes a carbon fork would be fairly essential I'm happy with aluminium for the frame the carbon post on the giant is a concern to the point If I go down that route I'll either ask the shop to swap it or buy the cheapest of the three

That orange is calling though especially after watching 'the thing'

Oh can I have it with thumbies.....

OP
OP
noodle

noodle

Thanks for the re welcome lol
Kids new job on a start up etc mean I've been away from lots of things lately
Plus side I've got my little boy of the stabilisers in a way that even astounded me
Trip to decathlon in Warrington (open on Sundays unlike the other decent shops (let's leave halfords out of that on)) for my little girl some gloves and a bottle to stick on her anchor that is painted up in Disney princess a colours.... My little lad shouted me in the shop I looked around and the little sod is tearing round the shop on a btwin thing with no stabilisers so he his now the proud owner of a rather old Scott comp 125 with proper gears fork etc. three weekends into riding without the extra wheels and he grinned like a loon when he dropped down a 45 degree grass verge without a wobble

Top Bottom