Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Very nice - especially as it was reduced to clear. Pity this was the only one left.
IMG_20240302_221705464.jpg

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Broccoli from Other Half. Had this one in New York last week.
IMG_20240223_154548.jpg

Really top brew. So difficult to get this kind of IPA in the UK.

Also had great beers from Finback and Single Cut, both outta Queens.

stephec

Legendary Member
I thought I'd tried most of the Williams Bros IPAs but this one sneaked past me until last night.

Very nice in a slightly bitter kind of way, just need another trip up north to stock up now.

IMG_20240313_205359.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
This is not a Guinness but it is a Guinness glass. My Anspach & Hobday glass isn't big enough.
IMG_20240328_215720492_HDR.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
What was it like ? I'm not too sure I like Porters but there again I haven't tried that many....any recommendations?

They've just launched their London Black in cans under nitrogen. I'd recommend trying it but even better would be if you can find a pub that serves it on keg. It's about the same difference as between draught and nitro-canned Guinness. I haven't tried Brewdog's equivalent but I'd imagine it would be a similar comparison.

I'd also take issue with the name porter here, though. It's actually very close to a dark mild, nice and malty.

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
They've just launched their London Black in cans under nitrogen. I'd recommend trying it but even better would be if you can find a pub that serves it on keg. It's about the same difference as between draught and nitro-canned Guinness. I haven't tried Brewdog's equivalent but is imagine it would be a similar comparison.

I'd also take issue with the name porter here, though. It's actually very close to a dark mild, nice and malty.
I used to like Mild years ago...still have the odd pint iny local Sam Smiths.As for Guinness id only really ever have it on draughts and usually only at certain pubs....partners Irish and it can become a lecture ! Saying that there's a certain pub near her back in Ireland that is well known for it's Guinness and I can see why.
I'll keep my eye out and give a few a try,Booths supermarkets usually have a few in.

Top Bottom