Beginner cyclist says hello from Chicago

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’m 37 and live near Chicago, IL, and have been cycling since 2017 but stopped for about 2 years when our two boys were born. Got way out of shape and picked up the bike again this past November when I caught the Zwift bug. I’ve been riding a Trek hybrid all this time but just bought my first road bike, a Decathlon Triban RC520, which after having read about this bike on the forums, I might have reconsidered. Lol! I hope I don't have a blowout anytime soon! Eh, such is life. Live and learn. I'm very pumped about it and can't wait to get some miles on it. As soon as the rainy weather breaks, I’ll be headed out for the inaugural ride and I’m certain I’ll fall in love with cycling all over.

IMG_1360.JPG

Not keeping those pedals...

My goals are mostly hours in the saddle and distance-based. I’m currently doing about 120 miles per week and I’d like to get that to 175-200 miles per week. I’m down 30 lbs since November and could stand to lose another 20. I feel great though and have been truly loving the regimen of riding and getting involved in the cycling community. I’m also going to try my hand at my first local group ride here in the coming weeks. I also have a 62-mile charity ride coming up that I’m very excited about.
I’ll stop the blabbering there!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I’m 37 and live near Chicago, IL, and have been cycling since 2017 but stopped for about 2 years when our two boys were born. Got way out of shape and picked up the bike again this past November when I caught the Zwift bug. I’ve been riding a Trek hybrid all this time but just bought my first road bike, a Decathlon Triban RC520, which after having read about this bike on the forums, I might have reconsidered. Lol! I hope I don't have a blowout anytime soon! Eh, such is life. Live and learn. I'm very pumped about it and can't wait to get some miles on it. As soon as the rainy weather breaks, I’ll be headed out for the inaugural ride and I’m certain I’ll fall in love with cycling all over.

View attachment 646461
Not keeping those pedals...

My goals are mostly hours in the saddle and distance-based. I’m currently doing about 120 miles per week and I’d like to get that to 175-200 miles per week. I’m down 30 lbs since November and could stand to lose another 20. I feel great though and have been truly loving the regimen of riding and getting involved in the cycling community. I’m also going to try my hand at my first local group ride here in the coming weeks. I also have a 62-mile charity ride coming up that I’m very excited about.
I’ll stop the blabbering there!

Welcome to the forum.:hello:
This is mainly a UK based forum, but there are an increasing amount of cyclists from the USA joining up.
This is a friendly place. Welcome.

Top Bottom