Beginners forum renamed to General Cycling

Shaun

Founder
Beginners and Riding has been renamed to General Cycling.

People aren't usually absolute beginners for long, so rather than set up a separate new forum for general cycling I've decided to rename beginners.

It won't stop beginners from posting and will open up this section for lots of other general cycling topics too.

I've moved Commuting and Road Rides up a level or two as well, but plan a more comprehensive re-shuffle in the coming months, so will post with more details nearer the time.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Good Idea, Shaun. I've sometimes wondered whether "Beginners and Riding" was a bit inaptly named. Perhaps people who currently dwell mostly around Commuting should be encouraged to visit General Cycling too, I'll try to. And 'incidents' during leisure rides, as distict from commutes, probably go best in General, too.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I thought that the Beginners board was b****y brilliant. Fortysomething dude rocks up 'my name's XYZ and I've got three stone to lose, what's with modern bikes?' followed by a real steady flow of advice from a wide range of CCpeeps. General Cycling may carry on before, which would be great, but, to my mind, Mr. A, you're trying to improve on near-perfection.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Perhaps(and this is just a suggestion) the subtitle could include "no question too stupid" or similar text, just to reinforce that this is a good forum to start with.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Perhaps(and this is just a suggestion) the subtitle could include "no question too stupid" or similar text, just to reinforce that this is a good forum to start with.

Very good call Dan.
1: It can be daunting for new members to post on a new forum.
2: Hopefully it would discourage know it all's with smart arse answers.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder

Good idea.

Done.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom