Bespoke Study - Cycle Trauma in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
a collaboration between the research teams of the Orthopaedic and Emergency Departments of Barts Health NHS Trust, and with Barts Charity, ITP and mySociety to explore bicycle related injuries in London.

Interesting project?

Kinda shocking, mind you. Can't imagine how this can possibly work - I mean, nobody's ever thought of doing it this way ---- ".... we need to work with the people who are most affected by the findings of our study: cyclists." Imho, that immediately renders their methodology and any future findings HIGHLY suspect. :tongue:

[edit] Sorry, folks - forgot the linky http://bespokestudy.co.uk/index.html (see what I mean? Anybody who asks cyclists is asking for trouble!)

Ganymede

Veteran
It's got the lovely Jon Snow sponsoring it. :wub:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Is NHS money being pissed away on this stuff? I despair.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
THere is no mention of it being solely about head injury anywhere on the website,
The Bespoke project aims to tackle the issue of poor data collection across the entire injury pyramid.
until we look at the information sheet participants will be given,
As the patient: After your head injury, you received all the usual emergency care for head injury that we provide at this hospital. The decision was also taken for you to be part of an international study to find better treatments for head injury. Because of your injury you could not make this decision yourself but now that your condition has improved, we would like to tell you about the study and ask whether you want to stay part of it.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
if ever I'm carried in to a hospital clutching my Dura-Ace cassette, the last thing I want is to be asked to take part in a study. What I want is a doctor who takes me seriously when I tell them I have a fractured pelvis and remembers to put ice on the injury to minimise the bruising.

Top Bottom