Best broadband deal???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
I have been with Sky broadband for the past year and a half (free to customers) and my 2mbps ADSL connection has only dropped twice for very brief periods in that time, otherwise I have not had any reason to call their call centre so could not tell you what their customer service is like, only that the quality of the connection is first grade.

Before that I was with PlusNet who were great when I first went with them but went downhill.

Before that I was with Bulldog who were utter, utter sh1te.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
I've been with NDO / Namesco for years and they do exactly what it says on the tin.

I don't think I've ever been aware of any down time or other trouble and have never had any sales phone calls or junk mailings from them. It's just always there and I just use it.

Have no idea whether the support is good or it's the cheapest etc, but I'm happy with the completely trouble free service for the price, so feel no motivation to worry anymore about it.

purplemoon

Check out the Entanet resellers if you want a good service. I use ADSL24 and have never had any problems with dropped connections, loss of service etc etc, plus the guys who run it are UK based (Manchester) so no overseas call centres employing monkeys who can only read off a script to deal with :biggrin:

barq

There are companies that do good customer service and tech support, but inevitably they cost more (e.g. Andrews & Arnold). Ultimately you have to make a decision about quality versus cost.

As for Virgin Media, everything is fine when it works.Technically it is quite a good service and you do pretty much get the advertised speeds. Download limits are quite widely advertised upfront and their policy of limiting your bandwidth after a certain amount of downloading (as opposed to being cut off or charged) is better than some ISPs. However their Kafkaesque customer service and tech support can turn small queries into a nightmare.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
What providers can you get on your exchange cyclemichael? Do not get virgin.net it's absolutely dreadful. If you can get virgin in a cable area consider that, it's one of the best providers for browsing, it has STM and Phorm though, don't expect much out of their website it's very poorly done.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
STM is not really widely advertised and they keep on changing the rules at will. It's about time they had a slap on the wrist from the ASA about this sort of thing.

U

User482

Talktalk are utter filth. My connection keeps dropping out, speeds are slow, and now my phone line has packed up altogether. I would report this to them but have found it impossible to get through to them - gave up after 20 minutes on hold yesterday.

litespeeder

Can't believe nobody has mentioned AOL......therefore here goes

DONT BLOODY TOUCH THEM WITH A BARGE POLE.!!!!!!!!!!

reliable....reliable...............MY ARSE

saying that im stuck to them for another 12 months free as the wifes boss pays, so that she can send him about 3 mails a week:becool:;)

simoncc

In my experience with ISPs and what I've heard from others is that all of them are usually trouble free but if you get a problem they are all hopeless.

I used to wonder why AOL had such a bad reputation when I used it for 4 years with not a single hitch, disconnection or problem of any kind. Then I got a problem and they couldn't fix it so I switched.

bryce

I am on o2 having switched from ~shudder~ talktalk a month ago. It is perfect - cheaper, no more cut-outs and excellent, non-throttled, download speeds. Customer service excellent as well. Only problem was re-joining BT - not such a pleasure!

col

Legendary Member
Iv been with ntl now virgin for as long as they have been in our town,had very few problems with them and even use virgin for my families mobiles,iv heard horror stories from others who use different companies,but have never had any of their experiences.So i would recommend virgin cable if you have them in your town.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I changed to Madasafish earlier this year & never lost connection. It was the best deal at the time for me. Check out the money saving expert website & the current deals are on there. I got 1/2 price for 6 months & a case of wine free :smile: but i doubt that deal will still be on :biggrin:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
PS whichever supplier you choose, do a google search on them & i'll sure you find someone who'd had problems with them. As someone else said they are all probably poor, just try & pick the least poor :smile:

Top Bottom