bianchi gear change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dobber

i got my bianchi nirone 7 yesterday and would like some advice on the gears etc as i didn't get any user manual with the bike,there are levers behind the braker levers on the handlebars,i need to know which of these is for the high and low gears and there is also a small black lever either side of the the handlebars?

You got yourself a Campagnolo set up dobber?

Right hand shifts the rear mech - finger up(lever behind brakes= bigger sprockets) thumb down(black lever =smaller sprockets).

Left Hand is the same - finger = big chainring.

OP
OP
D

dobber

yes i have mate,which side does the lower gears?(bear with me as i don't have a clue!)and where is the frame/serial number located?

yes i have mate,which side does the lower gears?(bear with me as i don't have a clue!)and where is the frame/serial number located?

The smaller the ring at the front and visa versa the larger the sprocket at the back serve to lower the gears. The left sti at the front controls the front mech (to change down push the trigger). The sti on the right controls the rear mech; it works the opposite way push the lever behind the brake lever to change down (visa versa push the trigger to change up). Its easier to understand on an actual ride so just get out there (avoid extremes though, they arent good for the chain; like large ring to large sprocket).

My Bianchi the serial no. is located on the inside where the left seat stay meets the left chain stay (the drop out) but it may be different on the via nirone; perhaps under the bottom bracket.

bikeframe.jpg

Top Bottom