Bib shorts for the curvier lady

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
One for the ladies of CycleChat: Which brands of bib shorts are generally the most suitable for the larger / curvier lady?
My wife is around a size 18 on the bottom half, and she's currently wearing some BTwin full length bib tights, however I'd like to get her a pair of really well fitting and comfortable bib shorts for the summer. We know however that many cycle clothing brands come up small, even in the "large" sizes (Italian makes probably being the worst offenders).

Whatever you can suggest will be greatly received. Price isn't too sensitive, we're willing to invest in a good pair.

Thank you!

OP
OP
CanucksTraveller

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
https://tenn-outdoors.co.uk/products/tenn-ladies-summit-padded-cycling-bib-shorts?variant=5668318337.
These look alright, the issue is that most bib shorts for women will just go upto a size 16. theres also Corinne Dennis's stuff but I dont know what its like.
Theres these as well, https://fatladattheback.com/womens-...shorts-8-10-12-14-16-18-20-22-24-26-plus-size

Marvellous, that's a good couple of leads. Many thanks!

vickster

Legendary Member
Gore go quite big (size 44 is an 18 IIRC)

Pearl Izumi, do XL or XXL, Altura also go up to an 18 (poss Endura too). Could try Evans in house FWE or Garneau too

I'm around an 18 and the XL is ok for me (I don't do bibs though - look horrendous on me and are a pain if you need to pee IMO)

Maybe order a few from Evans (they have the full range of sizes online), click & collect, go try them on, return immediately if no good

Sportful XXL waist shorts are my most comfy, not sure if they go as big in bibs

IME forget DHB from Wiggle, they go up to a 16, if that!

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Fat lass at the back are quite good. The sizes are generous. I bought a pair of their pedal pushers. I like them very much and they feel nice as well.

Top Bottom