bike didn't get stolen but...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
locked my bike outside the pub

thought I'd got security sorted with 2 D-locks and a cable

returned to bike to find the rear wheel looking like a pringle - someone had given it a good kickin!!!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Shooting's too good for them
angry.gif

juanpelota

returned to bike to find the rear wheel looking like a pringle - someone had given it a good kickin!!!

Sorry to hear that fella, I know you take a lot of care with your bike security.

The Doctor is right, personally I'd use a red hot poker first!

Hope you get it sorted.

C

chillyuk

Sorry to hear that fella, I know you take a lot of care with your bike security.

The Doctor is right, personally I'd use a red hot poker first!

Cold end first so he burns his hand when pulling it out......

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
VERY sorry to hear that mate.

Do you think it was random vandalism or someone bearing a grudge against you? Since it was outside a pub might be worth asking around if someone saw anything.

They probably tried and failed to nick the bike and when they couldn't got angry and vandalised it instead.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I see a fair few 'pringled' bikes locked up... just kids showing off to their mates I guess, rather than a bodged theft attempt... If I saw it happen I'd definately attempt a citizens arrest... but then again, there's a fine line between a citizens arrest and assault.

colinr

Ouch. But we all know that real men fight inanimate objects.Which pub out of interest, that I may avoid the same fate?

Davidc

Guru
Pity you can't use the D locks on the vandals - then lock their necks to a bike stand and throw away the key.

Seriously though it's worth fitting an alarm or alarm padlock. Wouldn't stop the first kick but they might injure themselves running away (with luck seriously).

yello

I do wonder, in this age of 'us v them', whether such acts are not those of angered motorists 'getting even'.

Top Bottom