Bike Fitting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul_T

Evening all, does getting your bike fitted professionally only apply to racing bikes? Only I have recently started cycling again due to injury, but fear I have not set the bike up properly, as I am suffering a little knee pain and numbness in my hands after cycling. The bike I have is a hybrid touring bike, so can I have a fit done on this bike? Many thanks in advance for your help and comments.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Bike fittings are helpful regardless of what kind of cycling you do. You can either pick up various bike fitting tips by searching these fora, or find a bike shop that does them. I can't help you there, though, as my local bike shops are a long, long way from you lot! :laugh: I had a bike fitting when I bought a new road bike about 1.5 years ago, and I'm pretty sure it helped. A lot of the things they do during the fitting you can note for later reference, too, so you don't necessarily need to attend multiple fittings, if you get a new bike, or an existing bike's setup changes.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Evening all, does getting your bike fitted professionally only apply to racing bikes? Only I have recently started cycling again due to injury, but fear I have not set the bike up properly, as I am suffering a little knee pain and numbness in my hands after cycling. The bike I have is a hybrid touring bike, so can I have a fit done on this bike? Many thanks in advance for your help and comments.
Knee pain-seat a bit low? Numb hands- common on flat bars try some bar-ends so you can vary position. Bike fit- if you can afford it go for it after all cycling is supposed to be enjoyable. :unsure:

Top Bottom