Bike Hut / Halfords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Curious to know if anyone has any idea whats happening with the websites, clicking on 'bikes' for a google search for Halfords now doesn't take you to the bike hut section of halfords as it used to, just a bike section. Some re-branding going on?

Noodley

Maybe they have put the 'mechanics' in charge of the website? :biggrin:

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
I do use my lbs the Giant will be there tomorrow as fitting my new bars will need longer shifter cables or I'd put 'em on myself.
I just searched halfords after reading the Boardman thread

BTW new bars are not butterflys (for benefit of Dom)

bonj2

absolute load of shite.
The staff in store are a load of numpties, and their website's cack aswell - it says it's got stuff in that isn't actually in stock at all. I've wasted a journey before on going to pick something up that I'd reserved that they said they'd got in stock, but then dind't have!

Don't bother, go to a proper bike shop and don't waste the time of day on halfrauds.

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
Maz said:
Surely the shop's still there. St Andrew's Quay, perchance?

Would assume so, been a while since I last looked in (was an excuse to not go looking at wallpaper in B&Q next door with Mrs. Pie). Had a look at the Boardman range they stock which isn't held at the other branch more local to me.

On the plus side, the car now has a new air freshener.:biggrin:

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
Maz said:
Lived in Hull for 10 years - off Newland Av, if you know it.

I was in Ken Ellerkers this morning.

edit: err, no thats Chanterlands Ave.:biggrin: I do confuse the two, being reasonably close together and more traditional style high streets. I live near east Park and my street 'knowledge' is woeful.

Maz

Guru
Piemaster said:
I was in Ken Ellerkers this morning.
Bike shop on Chants Av. Know it well.

Went back to Hull last year and realised they'd demolished the old Paragon bus station and there's a great big whapping shopping centre there with a blimmin humungous tesco.

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
Maz said:
Bike shop on Chants Av. Know it well.

Went back to Hull last year and realised they'd demolished the old Paragon bus station and there's a great big whapping shopping centre there with a blimmin humungous tesco.

Yup. Hull now boasts the largest Tesco in the North, and the 2nd largest in the country.
The rest of the city centre shops are now finding it quieter. Funny that eh?

<rant> How could the planners manage to spend £10 million+ on Ferensway and make such an @rse of it. Perhaps no one expected an increase in cars due to building a humungous supermarket in the centre of town. :biggrin: Good deal for Tesco though as bus station is next door and crossing Ferensway away from it is now so awkward it discourages anyone from doing anything other than go into it.
No cycle facilities other than ones that deserve a place as the Warrington 'facility of the month'. </rant>

I could easily go on, but I'll turn one of those old giffers that phones into the Radio Humberside daily phone in and whinge show.

Maz

Guru
I had a wander round the old town area (plus went to The Deep...I was deeply disappointed, tbh) and Prince's Quay seemed pretty much as I remembered it. The other thing I noticed was that all the Jacko's had gone and been replaced with Sainsbury's express or summat. Newland Av had been poshed-up as well.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Piemaster said:
Yup. Hull now boasts the largest Tesco in the North,

I popped in on Sunday looking for some of the cheap lights. Drove me nuts as by the escalator there was an announcment on a constant loop telling people to ' Please prepare to push your trolley off the end of the escalator' or words to that effect. How do the staff stand it? Are people really so dim they need a reminder:wacko:

bonj2

their marketing bods do obviously have an influence on the product design, however, and favour of bling over engineering harmoniousness is thus evident, for example in the boardman bike which has a front disk brake on a 2-cross wheel. To me (and also apparently to sheldon brown) that just looks wrong, but to the non-cyclist cyclist, it ticks one more box than three-cross wheels or 2-cross wheels with rim brakes.

Top Bottom