Bike just nicked

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
Banbury Road & Oakthorpe Road, Oxford. 15:30 ish 30th July.
Chained outside Costa, to my wife's bike in amongst a load of other bikes.

No local video, unfortunately.
Khaki Green, electric, RockMachine, e bike. Batteries nearly flat.

Reported to police. Is insured, but that's not the point.

Anyone with a clue drop me Private Message.
Off to find the serial number and so on.

DOH!

OP
OP
Gwylan

Gwylan

Veteran
IMG_20220629_113647932.jpg

OP
OP
Gwylan

Gwylan

Veteran
Good evening,

That is in bad taste.

When something is nicked; you should have used a better lock (Worcester[West Midlands] police) doesn't go down well nor does someone making it a joke of it.

Bye

Ian

Short of bolting it to the ground the chain and lock were significant.
But they, the thieves, had more technology.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Did you use that coil lock that is attached to the back of the seat? If so, its inadequate for a bike like that you need a Gold Standard D lock. Which will need an angle grinder to get off. The insurance may not pay out for you if you just had that cable lock I'm sorry to say.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Sorry to hear this - fingers' crossed for a positive outcome although I doubt the polis will lift a finger unless they happen to fall over it..

simongt

Guru
According to Alan Anderson, author of 'The Cycling Miscellany', drop bar bikes are less likey to be stolen than flat bar bikes.
Wonder where he aquired his statistics - ? :whistle: But as there appears to be far more flat bar bikes about now than drop bar, he may well be right simply on the basis of proportion.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
According to Alan Anderson, author of 'The Cycling Miscellany', drop bar bikes are less likey to be stolen than flat bar bikes.
Wonder where he aquired his statistics - ? :whistle: But as there appears to be far more flat bar bikes about now than drop bar, he may well be right simply on the basis of proportion.

I hope so , our bike sheds are full of hybrid/ mtb stylee bikes locked with stuff you can chew through with your teeth and i use only drop bars and have a motorbike chain / lock so i work on the theory that they will get nicked 1st :sad:
doesnt help the OP who of course we are all sorry they ran into a scrote

Top Bottom