Bike Licence and registration via the back door!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Bike Licence and registration via the back door!
"PENALTIES for cyclists who flout the law will be reviewed by the NSW government, after a special investigation has revealed bike riders are clocking more than 30km/h over the speed limit on the city’s roads and footpaths.

Roads Minister Duncan Gay has ordered a full review of penalties as part of the government’s investigation into a licence system for cyclists.

The Saturday Telegraph clocked dozens of cyclists speeding over the limit on Sydney’s roads, and others going over the advised 10km/h limit on shared pedestrian paths, despite warnings from police and the Pedestrian Council to slow down.

“We’re behind other states aligning cyclists’ penalties with that of cars,” Mr Gay told The Saturday Telegraph.

“At the moment in NSW it just doesn’t add up.” "

If it were to succeed there, what's the chance of it getting elsewhere?

Do like the 30km/h speed limit on the road for cyclists. How is it currently monitored and enforced?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Do like the 30km/h speed limit on the road for cyclists
No danger of me getting a ticket then!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I wouldn't bother using the shared facilities if the guideline was 10 km/hr! Whilst I do that sort of speed when around lots of pedestrians or slower if necessary, when I'm away from them I'm usually going faster than that!

Sara_H

Guru
Slight correction but still fast!:thumbsup:
Well, I converted it to mph. If the speed limit is 30mph and they're doing 30kph over that (which I think it 28mph) then they're doing 58mph. I rounded it down a bit!

Thats my reckoning anyway! I only got a D in math's GCSE, but I did do very complicated maths when I was an ICU nurse!

Either way, it all sounds like cow poo.

byegad

Legendary Member
30kph = 30 x 5/8 = 18.75mph

If the town is hilly and the limit on side streets is 30kph then a speeding cyclist need only reach 37.5mph. On one of the many decent hills in Durham City that's easy to do, going down!

Sara_H

Guru
But how big is that drop?

Different "giving sets" have different drop sizes!

This is called the drop factor and needs to be known in order for it to be safely calculated

I don't think many people do drop counting anymore. Most infusions are given by pump, although interestingly pumps also deliver surges in some circumstances.

I don't think many people do drop counting anymore. Most infusions are given by pump, although interestingly pumps also deliver surges in some circumstances.
I was taught drops per minute (within the last 3 years), but then I know I go off to areas without electricity where you are relying on gravity on the IV bag.... so I guess that is a different kettle of fish :biggrin:

Top Bottom