Bike Opinions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

My mate is looking at two used bikes:

Giant Yukon and GT Aggressor.

I don't know the spec of the Yukon but the GT looks nice, Deore shifters/mechs, RS Judy and Avid V brakes. Anyone any experience of either bikes? My wife has a GT bike and it's fine, not a huge fam of Giant though.

Thank you in advance for any advice :0)

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
A GT Agressor 1 was the first 'decent' bike I had for commuting and mountain biking and it was fab. I put a couple of mavics on, used slicks for work and kept it for about 5 years with no problems.

I sold it on ebay for more than half what I paid for it so all in all, recommended Mr P.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
You wanted opinons Mr P and you have them. I can only speak from experience, as Kirstie can too. Take your choice!!!!

But go with the GT!!!!

Kirstie said:
GTs are fugly and I would never want to own one...but each to their own!

+1

I am with you on that one Kirstie

OP
OP
Mr Pig

Mr Pig

snapper_37 said:
You wanted opinions Mr P and you have them.

Indeed, am I complaining?

Anyway, just home and he got the GT, and it's a cracker! Spec wise a bike like this would cost you about £400 to £500 in the shops today. He got it for £200 and it's brand new! And I mean new, as in never used, just like it rolled out of the shop. The seller bought it as a gift for someone and they didn't want it/use it. He didn't say but I think it was his wife/girlfriend.

So my mate's over the moon and hopefully we'll soon have a new cycling buddy :0)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Mine isn't

gt-legato-30-2007-hybrid-bike.jpg
http://www.evanscycles.com/product_image/image/4e7/2c5/698/31354/product_page/gt-legato-30

Kirstie said:
Yes, pretty much.

Top Bottom