Bike Rack for Citroen C2 VTR

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

migrantwing

Veteran
Probably the wrong forum but...

The missus and myself would like to take the bikes with us when we go camping. Total weight of the two bikes is around 18-19kg. She doesn't want roof bars as she is scared of ripping the bikes off the roof and damaging the car?!?!

The other option is a bike rack. I have heard conflicting stories about what bike rack is substantial for her make/model of car because of the split tailgate.

43de0a71034804dd7073e12b4b0fb926.jpg

main.php.jpg

(Red outline is the split boot/tailgate outline and Yellow outline is where the split is)

I understand that a bike rack cannot be anchored at the sides of the top opening part of the boot/tailgate as it is glass and may crack under weight/stress. I'm guessing that's why there is so much speculation and conflicting advice when it comes to C2's and bike racks...but surely if I bought the bike carrier linked below would it would have substantial anchor points to fit a Citroen C2 safely, if used in the case of the green car setup, anchored at the top, sides and bottom, or am I missing something?

Capture.PNG

Bike Rack: eBay

TIA

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
Is the tailgate plastic?

I must admit my next bike carrier will be to what mounted.

OP
OP
migrantwing

migrantwing

Veteran
Personally I'd buy stuff for the roof and drive the car yourself :smile:

Shaun

I would...but I don't drive :smile:

OP
OP
migrantwing

migrantwing

Veteran
Guess I won't be taking the bikes away then, seeing as the general advice is not to have a rear mounted carrier, the missus doesn't want to carry the bikes on the roof and I've just looked at getting a towbar fitted...£378 plus additional cost of something to attach to the towbar to carry the bikes. Then the number plate board with lights, electrics etc etc! Forget it!!!! Rip Off Britain strikes...once again!

Last edited:
Roof bars and put a big visual reminder somewhere in front of the steering wheel - like a yellow duster upon the dash. The duster is a continual reminder about something.... What? Oh yes, bikes up top.

seraphina

We have a Saris Bones which we happily used on glass windscreens - we used to have an Alfa GTV which had a silly rear spoiler. Never had any problems - took two bikes from Cambridgeshire to Northern Ireland with no problems.

OP
OP
migrantwing

migrantwing

Veteran
Roof bars and put a big visual reminder somewhere in front of the steering wheel - like a yellow duster upon the dash. The duster is a continual reminder about something.... What? Oh yes, bikes up top.

If it was me driving, I would. I'll try and convince the OH :smile:

OP
OP
migrantwing

migrantwing

Veteran
We have a Saris Bones which we happily used on glass windscreens - we used to have an Alfa GTV which had a silly rear spoiler. Never had any problems - took two bikes from Cambridgeshire to Northern Ireland with no problems.

It seems that the Saris Bones is a lot more sufficient compared to a lot of the cheaper options.

Top Bottom