Bike storage/shed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam Standen

Hi folks,

I am having a bit of a problem with finding a shed/storage unit for 2 adult bikes.

Does anyone know of a supplier of a wooden or plastic bike store that is approx 6x3 foot and no higher than 1.1 metres ( sorry for the mix of units). Most of the ones 8have found seem to be very high rather than just taller than an adult bike.

I just want to put it against a wall, but it needs to be low enough to be able to open the ground floor window above it.

Sorry for the ramble :-)

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

jugglingphil

build one

sabian92

Über Member
If you really want to buy one I'm sure B&Q have a storage box of a similar size. The proper bike storage containers are really expensive though.

jugglingphil

Here's one I made earlier (with a little help from a mate with skills)
r29ftw.jpg

another view
2aj6gkz.jpg

Not quite finished, but does the job.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I'd also recommend making your own wall anchor. The ones you buy are really pricey and usually only have one hole for one screw, and a tiny ring that only cable locks can fit through. Get some steel from the local recycling centre and make 4 holes for heavy duty wall plugs.

BSRU

A Human Being
I'd also recommend making your own wall anchor. The ones you buy are really pricey and usually only have one hole for one screw, and a tiny ring that only cable locks can fit through. Get some steel from the local recycling centre and make 4 holes for heavy duty wall plugs.
Not true for decent ground anchors, such as "large Hardie":blush:, mine takes an Almax chain.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Got to be wooden or plastic? I recently bought an Asgard bike store. Trimetals make similar bike storage things too.

Small wooden sheds are available that are designed for bikes- there are some examples here but if I was doing it I might well try a local shed supplier and get a custom job.

Top Bottom