Bike theft ba$tard

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rikki

Legendary Member
"police believe he may have been playing the commodities markets, waiting for another spike in metal prices before melting down the bicycles."

Just when I thought he may have had an obsession;

[obsessed with bikes :wacko:]

or was a struggling LBS owner trying to raise his margins on sales of second hand bikes.

melting down bicycles :biggrin:

Melvil

He's just a common thief; scum in other words. I don't know why but I can't stand thieves. It's the cowardice of their actions, the way they do things. I don't like Robbers but at least they're upfront about it.

My girlfriend got her bike stolen last week from inside our block of flats, probably due to eejits leaving the main door on the latch for reasons unknown. There's just that awful feeling where you start to doubt your memory - maybe I locked the bike up at work, maybe it's over my parents - etc, before reason kicks in and you start feeling angry and totally frustrated. Then you ring the police who really don't care as they probably get hundreds of calls like this and never find the bikes. And then you have to buy a new bike and worry that it'll get nicked too.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Rob S

rikki said:
"
melting down bicycles :becool:

Mmm...it's bad, but not as bad as the twats that stole bronze war memorial plaques from Plymouth's war memorial earlier in the 'summer'....the plaques were found...along with the twats...but not before they'd had a go at grinding away the names of the war dead before trying to flog them to a scrap metal dealer.

Rob S said:
Mmm...it's bad, but not as bad as the twats that stole bronze war memorial plaques from Plymouth's war memorial earlier in the 'summer'....the plaques were found...along with the twats...but not before they'd had a go at grinding away the names of the war dead before trying to flog them to a scrap metal dealer.

Agree - that is absolute abuse, deserving of a slow hammer across each finger joint, followed by the toes, followed by a drive to an appropriate service station where they could be usefully tied underneath a truck and allowed to be dragged a reasonable distance up the motorway - allowing time for a reflection on the cost/benefit analysis of one's misdemeanours :laugh:

Top Bottom