Bikes Stolen from locked garage!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

petenats

Gutted!!! I've just had my and my wife's bikes stolen from the garage in Wimbledon.

Her's is a Specialized Ruby:

IMG_0356.JPG

Size small - Carbon fibre with pink flashes - a Selle Italia gel saddle and a big riser stem . The wheel are R500's and the rear on hers at the moment id a bright blue turbo training Tacx tyre.

Mine is a Cervelo R3 Team 51 frame:

IMG_1020.JPG

It has Shimano Ultegra throughout a 3T stem, bars and seat post a Fizik Aliante versus seat, the wheels are not the ones shown but are 2005 Mavis Kysrium Equipe although my Mavic Kysrium SR (shown) were hanging up and also stolen!

If you see either of these bikes please drop me a line:

petenats@mac.com

The buggers bolt cropped the garage padlock and bent the door over a garage door defender. They stole both the bikes, the set of wheels, a set of golf clubs one motorcycle helmet and all my tools in a tool box!!!

Anything you see will be appreciated... meant to be doing a big pyrenees ride in sept...not looking likely now.

Pete

numbnuts

Legendary Member
What a poo, I do hope you were insured

OP
OP
P

petenats

I wish I was too numbnuts...

I looked into it last year, got lots of quotes all of which were just astronomical and required hundreds of pounds of extra security to be fitted to a rented property on top of the amounts I'd spent already. I thought given that I never leave it unattended when outside and there have been garages in our block left with doors open for months with nothing going missing I (mistakenly) thought it would be ok...we plan to move out in the near future and would need to invest in security in a new place.

It seems I was wrong...

Police and SOCO all been now and taken as much info/evidence as they can. Let's see what they can find...not holding much hope but the more people are looking out for them the more chance I have of getting something back...

Fingers, and everything else crossed.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sorry to hear about this. It's gutting.

You may have already seen THIS sticky at the top of this section of the forum.
Some very useful tips to help you try trace your bikes.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I :cry: for you too.

Lets hope the rozzers find the bikes and the scrotes miserable persons responsible.

OP
OP
P

petenats

Cheers Ian...doing what I can. I'm going to be avidly looking at Gumtree and eBay and also contacting all the cashconverter places in the area. They are not run-of -the -mill bikes to try to flog... and really small sizes.

I look forward to finding who the brazen buggers are breaking in mid-morning.

e-rider

crappy member
sounds like they had a van and didn't specifically target the bikes - taking the tool box as well; these people are such self-gratification artists!

mossj88

It's actually really common for bikes to be stolen from homes/garages (i.e thats more likely than your bike being stolen on the street).

If you live in a city/town centre I'd recommend you go for a walk and see if there are any CCTV cameras in the area, the police won't bother to check them but if you ask the business owners politely and give them a flyer saying check for this bike (picture), between x and y most will be willing to.

I'd guess your motorcycle was in the same garage? If that was left behind to me it suggests it wasn't a van job (although they did take alot of stuff). If they did have a van they would of easily been able to make off with the motorbike as well

OP
OP
P

petenats

Hi Mossj,

The police are being pretty good at the moment...although I've not heard from anyone actually investigating yet! There are lots of coincidences with the only people in the last week seeing whats in my garage being people who have worked on the block of flats. Ive got their details and passed them to the police but as they say they can't just appear with a warrant and search around without suspicion.

The police seem to think they came very well prepared and knew what they were doing given the type of lock that was on the door and the way they were able to bolt crop a boron-carbide lock and also just bent the garage door over a garage door defender. The fact it was done mid morning and so much stuff was left in the garage the police think they knew the bikes were there, targeted them specifically and used a van to cover the door, load the stuff in get out quickly.

Unfortunately there is no CCTV in the area. I only wish there was.

I'm trying to get as many folk as possible to keep their eyes peeled...might be the only chance o getting the back...I really hope I do!

Pete N

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Nice bikes as well Pete.:sad: If it makes you feel any better i lost 700 quid today. A new clutch and the annual insurance on a 13 year old VW Golf! I'm drowning my sorrows thinking about all the cycle stuff i could've bought with that money.:unsure:

Top Bottom