Billa has been found!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Its simply your fault gromit for allowing the cat to roam free.

If any animal came into my abode what I do with it thereafter is my business.

Horses for courses Grom'. :laugh:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Cant cats shrink down? You could always grab hold of her and squeeze her through the letter box?
Maybe not:wacko:

Kovu

Über Member
Joe24 said:
Cant cats shrink down? You could always grab hold of her and squeeze her through the letter box?
Maybe not:wacko:

Poor cat ...

Put I agree with the RSPCA idea, they won't want to just leave her there I persume ... but glad you found her! :smile:

bikepete

Guru
Mr Gromit de-lurking here... Gromit asleep shattered.

Nope, Billa's still stuck in their house. RSPCA busy with more urgent stuff on Sat night it seems - fair enough really. She looks OK through the letterbox, just meows piteously whenever anyone looks in. RSPCA suggested putting ice cubes through for her to lick so we've done a few of those and she seems to be wanting them, will do another shortly. Doesn't look obviously dehydrated or suffering, hard to tell of course just looking through the letterbox.

Also spoke to their neighbours and one of them reckons the owners are teachers, so what with term starting on Monday they're pretty much guaranteed to be back tomorrow. But we don't actually know that, so prob best let the RSPCA turn up and decide. We also both have to be working tomorrow which isn't ideal.

Have put a note up on their door explaining things in case they get back from hols tonight.

Hope she hasn't made much of a mess in their house - think we should probably offer to make it good one way or another. Our cat after all, and not as if they'd done it at all deliberately.

Cheers for all the support everyone :-)

Pete

bikepete

Guru
RSPCA just rang back - they'll call again tomorrow night, and if she's not out do the police thing. But keen to avoid the need for joiners etc. As the ice cube thing seems to be working they think feed her a bit of food too.

Your local burgalar will have the same skills and you can pay him with your neighbor's dvd player.

bikepete

Guru
T'was the RSPCA chap who mentioned the joiner... front door has both mortice and yale-type locks FWIW. If not pickable, IMO would maybe cause less damage to go through one of the small back windows (single glazed).

Anyway, Billa consuming ice cubes every half hour now. I'm going to get the computer from work and bring it back here so as to keep that up.

Here she is BTW, before recent weight loss regime:

billasun2.jpg

Night Train

Maker of Things
She is gorgeous! Are you sure the new neighbours haven't deliberately tried to adopt her. If she doesn't have a collar and wondered in to say hello they may think she was the previous owner's cat or looking for a new home.

Top Bottom