Birdy folding bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteveParry

Guru
As above; photos here: https://www.dropbox.com/photos/album/e4esPteCGWPab3e

About 10 years old in excellent working order. Some scratches to frame but only cosmetic. Upgraded as follows: Shimano Hyperglide HG cassette (12/14/15/17/20/24/26/30), chainset 54 tooth (this may be original), derailleur to a Shimano 105, brake levers to Avid, front hub and gear changer to Deore, Schwalbe 18 x 1.75" tyres, Ergon grips, Wellgo pedals and Mirrcycle mirror. It has a sports stem and expedition rear rack which can take small panniers up to 10 Kg. You can get a front rack for more panniers too! I've had it a year or so but only used it to visit family by train a couple of times - not really enough to justify keeping. £525. Let me know if you’d like to see it. I’m based in Bristol. Thanks,

Steve

OP
OP
SteveParry

SteveParry

Guru
Reduced to £475.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I don't think this is the original "Birdy Blue" - rather a later model that happens to be blue.

Steve
That round tube frame shape Birdy were sold named as frame colour & with colour specific componentry. I own a Birdy Blue, its USP in the Birdy range was the SRAM dualdrive.

R&M moved away from the colour per spec naming protocol when they changed to the new monocoque frame.

I've killed my Dualdrive and have just had a fully internal Sturmey hub gear built into a wheel for me to get it going again. I would be very careful if I sold it on to be sure the seller knew they were getting a bike with a significant variation from the original spec.

I'm honestly not trying to scupper your sale but trying to assist you with an honest assessment of what you've got so it doesn't come back and bite you on the backside if any purchaser looking at Birdy Blue original spec doesn't consider an 8 speed cassette regardless of quality an upgrade from a 3x8 dualdrive unit and takes issue with your sales description.

It is still a cracking bike as modded and undoubtedly with perfectly adequate gear range vs the IMO overgeared dualdrive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom