Blackpool attracts the French.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Blackpool is the scummiest, most depressing hole in Lancashire. Blackpool needs what Manchester got in 1996 when the IRA blew up the ghastly 60s city centre, achieving at no cost and in a microsecond what the city would have needed millions of pounds and twenty years to do.

Can't somebody get the IRA back to do the same favour for Blackpool?

OP
OP
andylaw79

andylaw79

Über Member
Couldn't agree more RR. Its a pit.

The work on the promenade is rather good though, once complete there will be a pleasant traffic free cycle route from South Shore right the way through to Cleveleys. There are little pockets of development in the town centre as well but on the whole the place is a s**t tip.

Mr Pig

andylaw79 said:
Couldn't agree more RR. Its a pit.

It really is. Smells like beer and chips mashed into the bottom of an old dustbin!

They're trying though. They fixed up the promenade, made a good job of it, and sorted out the rancid beach. Which they did by simply throwing the old beach away and replacing it with St Anne's beach!

However without leveling the town centre and erecting barricades to keep all of the troglodytes who normally migrate to Blackpool out I still don't hold out much hope.

Maz

Guru
Blackpool is a great place. You lot are just old fuddy-duddies.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Blackpool has the biggest public toilets I've ever seen; several large Victorian edifices containing hundreds of urinals. It makes you realise that Blackpool's role in life is just a place for the mass conversion of beer into urine.

blackpool_down_and_out.jpg

Maz

Guru
Rigid Raider said:
Blackpool has the biggest public toilets I've ever seen; several large Victorian edifices containing hundreds of urinals.
Ah! That's where the 'golden' comes from in The Golden Mile...

OP
OP
andylaw79

andylaw79

Über Member
threebikesmcginty said:
You're not on the PR committee then Andy? :laugh:

Christ no, I wouldn't know where to start.

As mentioned, the work along the promenade is really great it's just when you look over the road at the "Golden Mile' that it starts to disappoint, Vegas Of The North? Yeah if the budget is 50p and you like Kiss Me Quick Hats, fast food, piss heads and pavement pizza.

There is a lot to do in Blackpool but the whole facade is just tired, dated and in need of major regeneration.

Top Bottom