Boardman Road Sport Specialized build and more!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
TK421

TK421

Casual Extremist
Got a profile shot
20221001_142759.jpg

I can see why you suggested black for the forks @Jameshow . Definitely a possibility but maybe gloss black to match the seat post.

Jameshow

Veteran
Got a profile shot
View attachment 662923
I can see why you suggested black for the forks @Jameshow . Definitely a possibility but maybe gloss black to match the seat post.

You almost tempt me as if I don't have enough bikes!!

OP
OP
TK421

TK421

Casual Extremist
Bars should be level with the hoods and stem tbh.
Will get them adjusted.

OP
OP
TK421

TK421

Casual Extremist
I checked and found that the hoods are in-line with the stem but it is at an upwards angle from the forks, I think that this is the point at which someone says that they should be facing downwards. :blush: :laugh::whistle:

OP
OP
TK421

TK421

Casual Extremist
If that's the right saddle height, the frame is way too big for you. Bars need to be rotated by at least 30 degrees.
The frame is listed as a Boardman 51.5cm small frame for riders who are between 162cm and 177cm tall. I'm 166cm tall with a 29" inside leg so it should (please note the should) fit. The 51.5cm is C-T on the seat tube and from what I've been reading bike geometry is based upon the effective top tube and seat tube to determine the reach and stack and thus the height and inside leg measurements of the rider. I get the feeling that the effective seat tube is more like 53 or 54cm than 51.5cm. I also didn't realise that not all bicycle manufacturers quote the effective height to size their products until after I purchased the frame and started to have doubts. I did think it odd that Boardman suggests a 45cm frame for female riders the same height as me. I looked at several sizing charts before I bought the frame and depending on where I looked I found that I should be riding anything from a 50cm to 54cm frame bicycle so I went for something in the middle. I started thinking that this frame was definitely too big when I set the saddle so that I'm on the balls of my feet when I'm sitting on the saddle.

Jameshow

Veteran
The frame is listed as a Boardman 51.5cm small frame for riders who are between 162cm and 177cm tall. I'm 166cm tall with a 29" inside leg so it should (please note the should) fit. The 51.5cm is C-T on the seat tube and from what I've been reading bike geometry is based upon the effective top tube and seat tube to determine the reach and stack and thus the height and inside leg measurements of the rider. I get the feeling that the effective seat tube is more like 53 or 54cm than 51.5cm. I also didn't realise that not all bicycle manufacturers quote the effective height to size their products until after I purchased the frame and started to have doubts. I did think it odd that Boardman suggests a 45cm frame for female riders the same height as me. I looked at several sizing charts before I bought the frame and depending on where I looked I found that I should be riding anything from a 50cm to 54cm frame bicycle so I went for something in the middle. I started thinking that this frame was definitely too big when I set the saddle so that I'm on the balls of my feet when I'm sitting on the saddle.

You can ride it at that size bikes of old used to be ridden much like that.

Compact frame bikes tend to have more seat post showing.

I prefer a bigger frame tbh.

Top Bottom