Boris route C3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brains

Legendary Member
Boris Cycle route C3, runs from Canary Wharf to the City

Yesterday cyclist hit by car at the chicane on cable st, ( damaged, but sitting up)
200m further fire brigade, paramedic and ambulance in attendance, lady 'walking wounded' , bike will be a total write off.
I sent the paramedic crew back 200m to the other accident

Today
car hit cyclist at junction near station. Ambulance in attendance, he was talking, but did not look well. Bike trashed.

Three accidents, within 200m that I came across in 24 hrs, were there others as well ?
All caused by cars not seeing cyclists on a route that has more bikes than cars

Last edited:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I dont use any of the CS routes, but my colleague told me this morning that CS7 has become so busy in the last few weeks that he is considering alternative routes to take him away from the madness.

Don't use Cable Street in the rush hour. Too many mad impatiant cyclists.
I wouldn't go that far if it's handy but you do need to keep your wits about you. There are some mad cyclists on there and I must admit I have sometimes nearly gone straight into someone by being absent minded. Have there been any head-on crashes?

I generally feel more relaxed away from the CS routes - too many aggressive/undertaking/macho cyclists - I generally feel more relaxed in the primary position on a normal London street. Does this make me strange?

Top Bottom