1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breakfast how much?

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Training' started by cannondale boy, 26 May 2009.

1. Breedon

Breedon Senior Member

A big bowel of porridge with some suger and a cup of coffee, start to get hunger pangs around 9.00am have my break at 9.30.
  2. jimboalee

jimboalee New Member

Advert
    There's going to be some very wicked comments about your method of cooking porridge.
  3. montage

montage God Almighty

I just eat as much as I can - usually this is a huuge bowl of cereal, but sometimes the toast, banana, smoothie, more toast, yogurt gets in there aswell.
  4. albal

albal Well-Known Member

quick small bowl of c flakes before ride. on return tea, toast more corn flakes and yoghurt.
  5. Lisa21

Lisa21 Cake-scoffing Lush

:tongue: I much prefer mine in a BOWL..................:ohmy:

Seriously tho....do you really NEED to eat breakfast??? I very rarely do, maybe some cereal mid day but I dont feel the need to eat much early on.Went for a 26 mile spin today and apart from 5 bottles of water:ohmy:had no food and felt fine.Felt great infact! Had some cereal when I got home so in no danger of wasting away:biggrin:
  6. Breedon

Breedon Senior Member

Ohh balls, i mean bowl but you knew that :laugh:
  7. Plax

Plax Über Member

Yes, you do;
    http://nutrition.about.com/od/nutrition101/a/breakfast.htm

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/32143/five_reasons_why_its_important_to_eat.html
  8. jimboalee

jimboalee New Member

9. Lisa21

Lisa21 Cake-scoffing Lush

10. XmisterIS

XmisterIS Purveyor of fine nonsense

They say you should eat a little often.
  11. Jim_Noir

Jim_Noir New Member

Think it's really all down to how your body copes with it. I never miss breakfast and it's always the largest meal of the day for me. This is down to every coach I have had has always said that for the body and the sprit to be in good order to get up and make breakfast, sit and enjoy it so you are mentally and physically ready for the day. Even if this means getting up early. I work shifts, so if I have a 12 hour day shift get up at 5am sit and have breakfast, walk the dogs then I am ready to cycle to work (only 8 miles). I don’t need to eat again until I get home, however I know my body need fuel so I will eat fruit and raw veg during the day. When I am on nights I still sit and have breakfast at 5am as I try to keep my eating to the same pattern. Aside from cycling I run at least 10k a day and at least 2 hours in the gym, so breakfast really is my sit down meal of the day.
  12. jimboalee

jimboalee New Member

This kind of thing is a personal matter. A few missed brekkies and you will know if you need them or not. I found I don't need them.
    My morning alarm is at 04:45 and I'm out by 05:00. I arrive at work at 06:25 after 22 miles. One cup of coffee and an Extra Strong Mint is my breakfast; an hour and a half before eggs, sausages and black pudding in the canteen.

I wouldn't force anyone to go without a breakfast before an hour's riding, but it might be a good experiment to skip breakfast and take a tub of Frosties to snack on 60 minutes after arriving. Or cold sausages if you're a Carny.:ohmy:
  13. dave r

dave r Veteran

:laugh:Miss breakfast bloody ell, I have a large bowl of porridge at ten to sixish and by eight o clock I am hungary, if I missed breakfast I woulden't make it to work, they would find me beside the roadside somewhere chewing on my handlebars.
  14. jimboalee

jimboalee New Member

No breakfast, and by eight o'clock, I'm Czechoslovakia ;)
  15. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Tea at 6.15, then a glass of orange juice before I leave at about 7.00am. I'm at work by 7.30, then after I've changed and checked diaries I have some plain yoghurt with a few sultanas sprinkled on and a cup of tea at about 8.30-9.00.

Same at weekends, unless we have a cooked veggie breakfast for a treat!;)
  16. MickL

MickL Senior Member

4 slices of toast or cereal (much as I can get in to a bowl) and Im good to go :biggrin:
  17. nigelnorris

nigelnorris Well-Known Member

A Kellogs Variety Pack before I set off to work at 6:30 is all, but then I usually eat my lunch during morning break.
  18. peanut

peanut Guest

large bowl of Kellogs K mixed with All Bran and a spoonful of raw oats . Sounds strange but its tasty.

I bought some digital scales last week and was amazed how little 30gms is ;) 2x tablespoons in the bottom of the bowl....crazy.
    Sure you are going to lose weight eating that little. You might as well go without all together I reckon
  19. roundisland

roundisland Well-Known Member

45gm of Porrige with brown shugar does the trick for me. When I started cycling I would get very hungry during and after the ride (30 miles) :eek: and would eat everything in site on returning home.

I dont get the same hungar pains anymore which has made it easier for too loose weight.
  20. SimonC

SimonC Well-Known Member

Me too!