Brilliant day on the TdF in Yorkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Geoff Crowther

"... travel far, not fast", Ted Simon
Me 'n' my pal Hamish cycled from home up to Woodhead Pass and critically, as ex-pat Yorkshiremen, JUST over the border into God's country to watch these heroes pass by.

DSC00851.JPG

DSC00852.JPG

DSC00853.JPG

Then, on the way down, we got caught up in a humungous bike jam where the Holme Moss Road meets Woodhead.

DSC00871.JPG

But ... how can you complain? It felt just great to be a part of this. Even standing in this spectacular bottleneck of like-minded cyclists. Hope you all got home safe folks.

What a fantastic, exciting day!

Looks like Salters Bridge?

I was a bit further up, just over the summit, where the 'Snow-Road' is gated.

I set off riding back down, not realising that there was still a couple of straggler groups to come, & was amused by all the (genuine seeming) claps, cheers & various happy greetings as I headed back towards 'The Flouch Inn'
(& avoiding the barriered section, by cutting along the old section of road, accessed via a short (paved) Bridleway)

OP
OP
Geoff Crowther

Geoff Crowther

Yep, Salter's Bridge indeed Richard. We stayed down there to avoid the crowds we could see up at the road junction. We too got caught up in the back end. Difficult to tell where the riders ended.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Looks brilliant- great photos. I'm planning to sneak off work tomorrow for an hour or so over lunch to catch a glimpse at a place called Shelford in Cambs. Should be fun- looking forward to the bike jam!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We've just come back from North Wales (watched it on telly) and there was a steady stream of cars loaded with bikes on the M60 and M56 all going west.

OP
OP
Geoff Crowther

Geoff Crowther

Yesterday we parked at Newby Hall and cycled from there to Ripon racecourse and market place before watching from the roadside at Ripon
Good on yer Ian. Fantastic weather yesterday. I watched it on t'telly. Great to see all the locations I know so well in the beautiful Dales, 'specially Buttertubs!

Top Bottom