British workmen .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Phoebus

Abitrary said:
A girl on the till at ASDA (not very nice) went to kiss me when I lent in to type my pin number the other day.

She snapped out of it when I gave her a harsh 'what do you think you are doing' stare.

You didn't want any 'rollback' then?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Abitrary said:
A girl on the till at ASDA (not very nice) went to kiss me when I lent in to type my pin number the other day.
She snapped out of it when I gave her a harsh 'what do you think you are doing' stare.
Yeah, but I bet she wears "next customer please" knickers! :eek:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Night Train said:
I was visiting a job last week and the chap made me a brew even though I originally refused as I wouldn't be that long there. However, we talked about more and more bits of work and he then offered me lunch. I refused again as I wouldn't be that long there but eventually he made pumpkin soup and Naan bread while I ripped his house security to bits and told him how easy it would be to break in.

...Don't tell me, you later discovered that he wasn't the householder at all but an tradesman who was there doing some work! Has the house been burgled yet?

Globalti

Legendary Member
We had a very good Nigerian customer and friend round to our house for a few hours. We were expecting a visit from a tradesman to measure up for something but my wife and I needed to nip out and collect her car from the garage, so we asked Mike our customer if he would mind staying in for a few minutes with our son while we nipped out, warning him that the bloke might call.

Sure enough he called and a couple of weeks later he mentioned that he'd called at the house and been shown in by our servant! How we laughed, especially as Mike the Nigerian looks just like a black version of Shrek crossed with Oddjob!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
We had our attic converted by a company of British workmen. They gave us a very fair quote for the job, turned up bang on time first day and every day after that, did a really good job and finished on schedule, *and* raisde no objection to our holding back a grand of the agreed fee for a fortnight just in case anything untoward surfaced (it didn't).

What kind of a 'British workmen' story is that, I ask you?

Greedo

pals got their house painted a few years back. guy I recommended was too busy and they needed it done for a party they were having.

Got some guy out of the yellow pages. She came home early to drop off some shopping as a meeting she was going to was cancelled. They stayed in a flat and when she came up to the front door it wasn't locked and no sign of the painter. she assumed he was down at his van as it was a busy street and he was parked round the corner.

She puts the shopping in the fridge and goes into the spare room to check her e-mail quickly before heading back to the office. the painter is lying in the spare bed sound asleep under the quilt with all his gear on. Claimed he wasn't feeling well and went for a lie down. Needless to say he was kicked out on the spot. ;):laugh:xx(

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'm the only person I know to give my Polish builders the old heave-ho! They were stringing a job out to ridiculous lengths, as I was paying them by the day... e.g. a whole working day for 3 fellas to put two strips of insulation down between attic joists... ;) serious... they just had to roll it out. Could have done it myself in 2 minutes. One of them clearly felt very uneasy about it. I got rid of them after 5 days.

buggi

Bird Saviour
mickle said:
That seems suspiciously low, I would be worried about the quality of work at that price. Was he recommended by someone you know?

he knows my sisters and brothers from school and he's done work for them and i've seen it. he's pretty good. once i realised what a feck up he'd made he was VERY apologetic. i think he just got a bit too comfortable when we were talking about school and the old days bla bla and just misinterpreted us laughing and joking as something else :sad:

anyway, me mum said i'd be an idiot to pass up that price and my dad would be "around a lot" just in case he got any further ideas! :sad:
Abitrary said:

that's hilarious!!!!

Kovu

Über Member
buggi said:
he knows my sisters and brothers from school and he's done work for them and i've seen it. he's pretty good. once i realised what a feck up he'd made he was VERY apologetic. i think he just got a bit too comfortable when we were talking about school and the old days bla bla and just misinterpreted us laughing and joking as something else :smile:

Take the quote and let him do the things!! IF your dads there I see no problem, I'd have taken it after that! ;)

Proto

Legendary Member
British workmen, er.., working
bloke-from-poland.jpg

Top Bottom