Broke the speed limit today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Yellow Fang said:
Huh, well I went 45mph on my Brompton up a hill after some chavs threw an egg at me out a car. They were pretty shocked to find me waiting at the top of the hill for them, but they coughed up the money to dry clean my suit.

You've neatly summed up in a nutshell there what REALLY pisses me off about chavs - they're all mouth and absolutely no f*cking trousers. They're all jack-the-lad when they think they're untouchable, but they go all meek and lamb-like at the first sign of trouble. :wacko:

well I got upto 27 mph today my best so far but the front wheel started to wobble in time with my legs. Think I was putting too much weight on my hands and I just need to sort my technic in general :laugh:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
sounds like a boy racers forum

"oh whats the fastest you have been in your car, whats the fastest you have been over the speed limit"

You would moan if a car was speeding, yet you do it, post on here and its all fine

peasants

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Joe24 said:
sounds like a boy racers forum

"oh whats the fastest you have been in your car, whats the fastest you have been over the speed limit"

You would moan if a car was speeding, yet you do it, post on here and its all fine

peasants

not against any laws. therefore it's cool

bonj2

quickest i've gone on my scott is 49.4mph, in wales. Think it's a 60mph road though, there were motorbikes behind that weren't trying to overtake :angry: That was with a racktop bag on, it seems my terminal velocity with it unladen is usually 44mph. Not really a scientific test, although i conclude that added weight increases terminal velocity downhill.
No idea how fast i've gone on my planet x as i never have a speedo on it, probably mid 40s.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Waheyyyyy! Pissing contest!:angry:
Right.
On one of the club ride routes I have ridden my MTB on knobblies down Ripponden Bank, pedalling like a loony. Speedo showed max speed 47.3mph.:smile:

Round Ings hill from Scapegoat Hill down towards the A640 46.5 mph on the Boardman Hybrid. Continuing that commuting route down New Hey Road into Huddersfield overtook a car at 37.4 mph through Marsh.

GrasB

Veteran
Personally I was freewheeling down a long steep hill in a NSL, somewhere down that hill I hit 31.8mph. Having to come to a virtual stop due to a car turning right 2/3 down the hill tells me I could have gone faster.

Cubist

Still wavin'
bonj said:
quickest i've gone on my scott is 49.4mph, in wales. Think it's a 60mph road though, there were motorbikes behind that weren't trying to overtake :angry: That was with a racktop bag on, it seems my terminal velocity with it unladen is usually 44mph. Not really a scientific test, although i conclude that added weight increases terminal velocity downhill.
No idea how fast i've gone on my planet x as i never have a speedo on it, probably mid 40s.

I suspect they also cause a bit of drag. I can usually get up to 45 or so down reasonably steep hills, but yesterday rode in full commute mode to Halifax from Huddersfield. The A629 Ainley Top to Elland Wood Bottom is a long steep hill, and couldn't get past 42 with the rack and bag on.:smile:

dav1d

I did about 35mph almost constant speed (though it is only about two miles I had to travel and I slowed down when I got near after I checked the time and realised I'd made it) to get to the Skyride in Albert Square as I set out too late and called in at Subway to get a sub! Had about five minutes to spare. If I'd known it wasn't setting off on time, I wouldn't have pedalled so fast! lol Didn't actually think I'd make it on time when I set off

cyberknight said:
Hit 40.2 mph on friday chasing the guy in a focus who cut me up ....... boy did he have a shock when we reached the junction :angry:

I got a really close pass recently, and raced to catch them up, which I did (still got the old BSO chunky mountain bike but getting a Revolution Country Explorer '09 bike next month). But then I thought I'd better leave it. They then turned right without indicating.

Top Bottom