Bromley Cyclists - Hildenborough Circular Ride - Saturday 25th October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Here we go again with another Bromley Cyclists ride.

Although an LCC and Bromley Cyclists event, You do not need to be a member to take part. Tourers, Roadies, Hybrids, experienced riders and those not so, all are welcome . . we wait for all... Just turn up and go . . .

1. Andrew Fergar will be at Bromley South Station to meet you at 09:15 for the 09:32 train to Orpington where we change for Hildenborough - ETA 10:11

OR

2. Trevor Hughes will be at London Bridge Station by the main booking office at 09:18 to catch the 09:38 direct train to Hildeborough - ETA - 10:11

OR
3: Ian A will be at Orpington Station platform 3 at 9:40 to meet the Bromley peeps for the 9:54 train to Hildenborough

Today's ride will be 34 miles in length and has 2010 ft of ascent and descent ....with the majority of the tougher climbing in the first 14 miles ....but we won't be setting a brisk pace ......I think this ride is doable for most non novice riders .Plus there will not be any off road sections .

Upon leaving Hildenborough we sett off South West towards Charcott and Chiddingstone Causeway ....once we get to The Horseshoes we will be going South through Weller's Town and Chiddingstone Hoath ...before veering slightly East to White Post . From White Post we progress Westwards to Cowden and thence towards Dormansland in Surrey . After this ...going North then North East we skirt the edge of Lingfield ...and pass through the centre of Edenbridge and onwards to Hever . After Hever the route takes us all the way around the Bough Beech reservoir ...and thence back onto the same stretch of road that we took initially from Hildeborough to get back to the station .

This ride will be along lanes for 96% of it's length ...and we will try and take in one or two of the most interesting Churches that we come to ...we will find a pub to lunch in ...or cafe ...depending on where we feel like a midway stop ......My aim will be to get back to Hildeborough before darkness falls ...but bring lights just in case !

Buy return tickets to Hildenborough

My email contact is :
andrew.fergar@cliffordchance.com

or my mobile number is
07717693701 no texts please

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
*ping*
Looks like the weather is going to pretty good for Saturday.

Top Bottom