FLAT 100 km ride from Garforth, Saturday 23rd March, 2024

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
***** ColinJ's forum rider tag list *****
Fellow forum riders, I am planning another ride!

@colly, @neil_merseyside, @Sea of vapours, @Domus, @Julia9054, @Spiderweb, @Slioch, @EasyPeez, @Kestevan, @Venod, @Soltydog, @NorthernDave, @Buck, @si_c, @videoman, @FrothNinja, @GuyBoden, @Vantage, @Dadam, @Jameshow

If anybody wants their name to be added to the list, let me know. :smile:

(If anybody wants their name to be removed, let me know, but... :cry:)

NB Make sure that you have enabled tag alerts in your account preferences - HERE (tick 'mentions you in a message')

(Yes, I know some are already signed up for this ride, or can't make it, but I copy and paste the list from one ride to the next so I don't want to edit it.)

This year's ride will be 100 km only (rather than the former 100-miler with a shortcut to offer a 100 km option). As always, this will be a VERY flat ride. I used to tackle it on my singlespeed bike and only had difficulty on one short climb, but even that has been removed on the new route through Tadcaster. My bike now has 6 gears but I will whack it in the old singlespeed gear and leave it there all day!

The route will be that of the 2023 ride - see attached GPX file. (I don't know why I had previously linked to the 2022 ride, which used a slightly different route!). First choice for the cafe stop is Roast Coffee Shop, just as we leave Tadcaster. We have used that a couple of times. The cafe is usually quite busy inside, but we sat at tables outside where we could keep an eye on the bikes. That cafe is at the 52 km point. If the cafe is too busy or the weather is too grotty to sit outside, we could go on to our other choice of stop at Cawood Park at the 65 km point. Make sure that you have enough food and drink to get you to Cawood, just in case.

Provisional date Sat, 23rd March, 2024. Keep an eye on updates at the end of the thread. If for some reason the ride has to be put back, let's pencil in Sat, 6th April as the backup date since in between is Easter weekend.

We used to start at 09:15 when we were doing 100 miles, but let's start an hour later this time for the shorter ride - longer in bed, and an increased chance that riders from further out can make it? So, meet at the car park at Garforth station [NOT East Garforth station!] at around 10:10 with a view to leaving ASAP after that.

We should be back before sunset, but we can always be delayed by mechanicals so consider bringing lights just in case? It would also be handy if anybody has bike locks in case we can't sit with the bikes.

Anybody up for it?

GPX viewer

Attachments

• Garforth Tadcaster 101 km loop.gpx
    30.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Domus

Guru
Both dates have potential clashes for me, twin daughters 41st birthday on March 23, and a very good friend is having a 70th birthday party on Friday the 5th of April.

My life is a social whirl.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm glad that there is interest!

twin daughters 41st birthday on March 23
I can see that missing any birthday activities that day probably wouldn't go down well!

and a very good friend is having a 70th birthday party on Friday the 5th of April
If we end up going on the 6th, try not drinking too much at the 70th bash and getting home at a reasonable time? :whistle: (Not much use if it is going to be somewhere at the other end of the country!)

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Sadly I'm off the bike at the moment due to sciatica :blush: can only manage very gentle turbo sessions at the moment, so doubt I'll be upto speed in time.

Top Bottom