100 km (62 mile) forum ride from Garforth, Sat 29th April, 2023

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
***** ColinJ's forum rider tag list *****
Fellow forum riders, I am planning another ride!

@colly, @neil_merseyside, @Sea of vapours, @Domus, @Julia9054, @Spiderweb, @Slioch, @EasyPeez, @Kestevan, @Venod, @Soltydog, @NorthernDave, @Buck, @si_c, @videoman, @FrothNinja, @GuyBoden, @Vantage

If anybody wants their name to be added to the list, let me know. :smile:

(If anybody wants their name to be removed, let me know, but... :cry:)

NB Make sure that you have enabled tag alerts in your account preferences - HERE (tick 'mentions you in a message')

(Yes, I know some are already signed up for this ride, or can't make it, but I copy and paste the list from one ride to the next so I don't want to edit it.)

This year's ride will be 100 km only, rather than a 100-miler with a shortcut to offer a 100 km option. It will be similar to last year's ride, details HERE. Let's see how many people are doing it this year before deciding where to have the coffee stop.

I am still getting over the bug that caused me to postpone the ride earlier this month, but I hope to be ok for tackling it on Sat, 29th April, 2023. Keep an eye on updates at the end of the thread

Anybody up for it?

Last edited:

Buck

Guru
At the minute, i am free and would love to come along!

colly

Re member eR
😭😭
15th April.....................I'll be returning from a week up Northumberland. Certainly won't be back until the afternoon. So it looks like I will be absent.
Sorry @ColinJ but nowt can be done about it.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

😭😭
15th April.....................I'll be returning from a week up Northumberland. Certainly won't be back until the afternoon. So it looks like I will be absent.
Sorry @ColinJ but nowt can be done about it.
That's a shame but I long ago stopped shunting rides about because for every person that helps, someone else has to drop out!

Northumberland is an area that I have never been to, but do fancy exploring at least once.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

It wasn't fell running that's the rub it was a pavement that got me!!
Ouch!

I was never much of a runner, and a malevolent hole in a road put me off altogether... :laugh:

I badly sprained my ankle when jogging down a dark lane in the winter. I didn't see a pothole and ran onto the edge of it. My left foot felt like it had turned through 90 degrees! By the time I had hobbled home the sole of the foot and up to my shin were starting to go various reds of red, orange, black and blue.

I hadn't broken anything, but it hurt for months, and ached at times for several years! It didn't keep me off the bike for long, but it did make me reluctant to do long rides for a while.

They say that soft tissue damage can sometimes be worse than a broken bone.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

That diary space is already taken by my wife so I'm dog sitting.
My pal Carrie has the answer...! :whistle:

dog hols pic.jpg

Top Bottom