Bromley Cyclists - Kent-Sussex anticlockwise 4th July 09

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
OK OK I know that it's the same day as the Dunwich run... but hey why not come along anyway and stretch your legs on a 50 mile spin.
Here we go again with another Bromley Cyclists ride. :ohmy:

Although an LCC and Bromley Cyclists event, You do not need to be a member to take part. Tourers, Roadies, Hybrids, experienced riders and those not so, . . we wait for all... Just turn up and go . . .
All are welcome.

Day: Saturday 4th July 2009
Contact Ride Leader: Andrew Fergar
Email : kayacan@aol.com
Mobile : 07717 693 701 (no text's please)

Meeting Points
London Bridge Station: Meet Trevor by the main booking hall at 08:05 for the 08:23 direct train to Robertsbridge
or
Bromley South Station: Meet Andrew on the forecourt at 8.05am for the 8.17am train to Orpington to change for the train to Robertsbridge
or
Orpington Station: Meet Ian 8.30am on Platform 3 for the 8.40am train to Robertsbridge. Arriving 9.36am
or
Robertsbridge Station 9.36am
meet the train contingent at Robertsbridge Station. Please let us know if you wish to do this

Buy return tickets to Battle as we will be getting the return train from there

Todays ride will take us on an anti clockwise circular route from Robertsbridge, climbing a few hills, though nothing major, into East Sussex. Taking in many small villages through the country lanes, Brightling, Dallington, Cowbeech, Muddles Green & Berwick amongst many.
We lunch at the Yew Tree Pub at Arlington for our :smile: & :ohmy: stop. This place has a cracking menu of dinners...:biggrin:.

Post lunch we head south onto the Cuckoo trail taking in a little bit of off road excursion...and onto the marshes & plains of the Pevensy Levels. Passing through Downash, Rickney and Pevensey itself, we soon hit the coast at Normans Bay; for the now obligatory clamber onto the shingle beach to stare at the Channel or to dip one's toes in the briney if you are that way inclined.
Heading east along the coast road we turn north at Cooden. A little bit of climbing here, but once again nothing major, but you will be rewarded with some lovely long descents ending at Battle train station and the end of the ride. (approx 4pm)

If anyone would like a Memory map (mmo) file or gpx file of the route.
Please pm me.
We look forward to seeing you.
Ian

What Should I Take With Me on a Ride?

Always
Water
Money
Inner tubes (2 are recommended)
Tools to remove your wheel and tyre
Pump
Lights
Lock
Puncture repair kit

Consider
Waterproofs
Helmet (especially for mountain bike rides)
An extra clothing layer
Eye protection (sun glasses)
Sun screen
Snacks (flapjacks, bananas etc)
Maps
Camera
Mobile phone
First aid kit
Gear cable
Brake cable

Wigsie

Nincompoop
As this is my old stomping grounds and we may well loop round my folks house several times... I am in!

Providing there are no family emergencies or injury inducing car crashes that is!

Tynan

Veteran
A man waits all year for London based cycle events and two come along at the same time as Dunwich

tsk

Ian - maybe up for this....assuming my legs are !, it falls the day after the night ride which I have yet to fully commit too. Will have a chat with the boss. What time will we be back in Bromley?

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
About 4.30-5.00pm mate
oh and we usually take an hour for lunch, rest the old legs...grab some nosh and have a pint

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I would have loved to do this but am doing a Pirate Weekend on the boat instead, fighting other boats with water pistols and then having a barbecue on the beach at Stone Point whilst at anchor. Although the ride sounds good, 60-odd pirates messing about with barbecues and beers sounds a pretty good alternative!

Auntie Helen said:
I would have loved to do this but am doing a Pirate Weekend on the boat instead, fighting other boats with water pistols and then having a barbecue on the beach at Stone Point whilst at anchor. Although the ride sounds good, 60-odd pirates messing about with barbecues and beers sounds a pretty good alternative!

...with one or two Jolly Rogers thrown in for good measure...

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Still on for this Ian? Will be driving and meeting my mum in Robertsbridge as she is having the youngest for the day to give the good lady wife a break.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Aperitif said:
If the good lady wife is having a break I would have thought you'd be out 'n about with the dirty tarty one Wigsie...:whistle:

Still, Ian will do - he's borderline 'thatwordagain' :biggrin:

;)

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

It's her birthday today so will be doing a special lunchtime birthday ride today. :biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yep mate will deffo be there will pm you my mobile..
Not sure how many we will have as lot of people that usually come on these rides are doing the Dun Run so I reckon 5 or 6.. who knows..

Wigsie

Nincompoop
ianrauk said:
Yep mate will deffo be there will pm you my mobile..
Not sure how many we will have as lot of people that usually come on these rides are doing the Dun Run so I reckon 5 or 6.. who knows..

Great, will see you there, looking forward to my first social ride. What is the average speed on these usually? Just so i know whether i should rest tomorrow or not. :biggrin:

Top Bottom