Brooks saddle and Seatpost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zacklaws

Guru
What combination of a Brooks B17 and a seatpost with an offset of around 30mm can anyone suggest to fit a road bike. My current set up only has 10mm and I want to set the saddle further back as I am finding I am having knee problems now. I see plenty of carbon ones, but I want a cheapish alloy one that fits in my budget of a round £30.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I quite rate these
409093?$pd_main_v2$.jpg

System Ex
Available in most sizes from Halfords, I like the fact that they are a closed top design but that's cos most of my bikes are steel frames.
Link http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...-zTgE4iNvNF1oBqJkFQo3Tg&bvm=bv.99261572,d.ZGU

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
What combination of a Brooks B17 and a seatpost with an offset of around 30mm can anyone suggest to fit a road bike. My current set up only has 10mm and I want to set the saddle further back as I am finding I am having knee problems now. I see plenty of carbon ones, but I want a cheapish alloy one that fits in my budget of a round £30.
Velo orange at Fresh tripe do a 30 mm layback post for brooks saddles, approx £35 and available in black or polished silver.

OP
OP
zacklaws

zacklaws

Guru
The "Velo orange" looks good and got it earmarked to buy.

But the problem may be solved without cost, having done 2 x 400 and 2 x 600audax's on the same setup with no problem, the problem has to be the bike, someone suggested the leather on the saddle may have stretched and sagging down which is one thing I did notice but never put two and two together, By raising the saddle and tightening the saddle tensioner it seems to have solved the problem almost, Then raised the saddle a bit more to compensate for a weight loss since I last rode it and problem now seems to have solved the problem.

Top Bottom