C24 RS80 will they work with 11 speed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have some C24 RS8o shimano wheels, currently sitting with a 10 speed block, they are fairly nice wheels, pretty light and I am getting a new bike with an 11 speed ultegra groupset, but like most bikes these days they tend to come with less than brilliant wheels, so I was wondering if I can just swap the block over or do I have to look elsewhere for some new wheels?

The C24's are not that new, I can't remember if 11 speeds was around when I bought them

Cyclist33

I have a feeling that those Shimano wheelsets ending in "0" are for 9/10 speed. The "1"s are the same wheels essentially with different graphics and 11-speed hubs.

9-speed cassettes are wider than 10-speed ones, but 11-speed are wider than 9s. So in theory I would say the answer is "No".

You could always try it and see. I mean if all the sprockets of the 11-speed cassette will stay on the freehub shell and the locking ring will stay in place, it probably will work. Not for me to really decide that, though!

jack smith

Veteran
I think the benifit of upgraded wheels will outweigh the benifit of an extra cog on the cassette until he gets sorted with a decent 11 soeed wheelset.

Top Bottom