cadence magnet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Order a nice neodynium button magnet off e-bay and superglue it to the inside of the crank with silicone (superglue won't hold, the magnets are very smooth). That way you do away with all the inelegant straps and brackets and you never have adjustment problems again.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Order a nice neodynium button magnet off e-bay and superglue it to the inside of the crank with silicone (superglue won't hold, the magnets are very smooth). That way you do away with all the inelegant straps and brackets and you never have adjustment problems again.

This. They work far better and are almost invisible. If you have cromo axels, the magnet just sticks to the axel, no glue.

Tommy2

Über Member
Have you checked every metal thing you packed up? I though I'd lost one once and it turned out to be sneakily stuck to the back of something metal I'd been using.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Have you checked every metal thing you packed up? I though I'd lost one once and it turned out to be sneakily stuck to the back of something metal I'd been using.
afaik, could be anywhere as you say even in the grass as it was a omfg its binning it down quick shove stuff away asap , i will have to buy a couple of those ones that just stick to the crank arm i guess.Till then how will i know and cope without it :whistle:

Tommy2

Über Member
The reason the Garmin ones are spare is because I changed them for these Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172666466214
The crank magnet works perfectly on all my bikes but for some reason the thin spoke one doesn't seem strong enough on my Tri bike, and needs a dab of glue to stop it sliding further out on all the bikes.
Pm me your address if you want an Garmin crank one though.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The reason the Garmin ones are spare is because I changed them for these Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172666466214
The crank magnet works perfectly on all my bikes but for some reason the thin spoke one doesn't seem strong enough on my Tri bike, and needs a dab of glue to stop it sliding further out on all the bikes.
Pm me your address if you want an Garmin crank one though.
I think i will order some of those you linked , i gave up on the spoke magnet as i have sapim xray spokes and like you couldnt get it to stay on.

Jimidh

Veteran

This but I just let the magnet do its job without any glue - been on the bike for a good few years without falling off.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Do you just cut it out when you need to swap the pedals?

Do you just cut it out when you need to swap the pedals?
I attach them to the crank itself, not the pedal. Even so, no cutting required. Silicone just peels off with force. As you can see from the post above, some people simply stick it to the pedal axle where it emerges on the inside of the crank. It being steel, no glue required. I've never tried this because I don't care about cadence anymore. However, I also wonder if the magnet will then still have enough attraction to activate the reed switch. I suppose it depends on what distance you have your switch etc etc.

Top Bottom