Cake stops - what would you like?

What is the best way to assess the quality of Cake Stop?

• Soup with a roll

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Bacon butty

• Hot chocolate

• Large slice of sponge cake

• Toasted teacakes

• Very Strong Tea in Large Mugs

• Filter coffee and hot milk

• Carrot cake

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I was at a small cafe today, and noticed some cyclists. They appeared not to have their bicycles with them. :angel:

I soon deduced that the bikes were parked safely behind the cafe, where the careful owners of said bicycles could keep an eye on their prized possessions. The owner is a cyclist, and appreciates the criteria for safe-keeping of bikes. This, as I understand it, is fundamental to choosing a cake stop.

I would like to make a contribution to cycling in general, and would therefore happily undertake a small customer survey of cake stops in this county, well, not the whole county, and not all of them, but you know what I mean. I would like to know what refreshments I need to try in order to provide accurate information to cyclists. I would find it too challenging to try everything on the menu, so would appreciate your assistance with this very complex task.

Please note that you can choose more than one item.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Hmm, it might just be easier if you include an "all the above" option :angel:

Dayvo

just passin' through
I clicked on ALL of them, bar the sponge cake one! I prefer fruit cake, but at a push, will reluctantly eat the whole sponge cake if I have to.

You said we could have more than one choice: well, seeing as hot soup was at the top, I clicked on that first, and it was the only one that registered.

So, large slices of fruit cake would be my reason for choosing a caf.
Good, hot tea, and a warm room come in 2nd and 3rd place. :angel:

Mr Phoebus

baby_ruth_1948_01.jpg

Yes sir, indeed sir!

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Bacon butties are, of course, of enormous importance in the cycling world, but it's pretty hard to go wrong with those, so cakes are the important thing to test.

Mr Phoebus

. . . . . . . . . . .
pacman.gif

Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Ben Lovejoy said:
Bacon butties are, of course, of enormous importance in the cycling world, but it's pretty hard to go wrong with those, so cakes are the important thing to test.

This is the sort of reply I was hoping for. :girl:

If anyone has a particular request, steady on there, I might add it to the options. Please remember that this is a cafe open to the general public. :angel:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Well, the things I look for are bacon-and-bready things of a morning, and cake-type stuff in the afternoon. Usually with tea, or maybe a cappucino. Oh - toasted teacakes - but often when they arrive they've gone a bit cold so the butter won't spread. :angel:
My pet hate (one of them!) is pre-packed butter at the temperature of liquid nitrogen.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i've added (and voted for) carrot cake. on a flat run i always make sure i'm near the front to ensure that carrot cake is still available by the time i get to the café. on a hilly run, i just have to hope :smile:

Keith Oates

Janner
Mug of tea and a bacon buttie, you can keep the rest......................until the next cafe stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom