Calshot anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Bit of a vague post but finally got round to joining the cycling club to prepare for track racing but the local outdoor track has just closed this Saturday so unable to get a beginners session to start me off.:wacko:

So was wanting to try out my skills and new track bike on the track.

Anyone fancy getting down to Calshot near Southampton? No solid times yet but just chucking out the idea to see if there are any takers....

http://www.calshot.com/cycle.html

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I've always been keen to try out some track riding as I definitely fit into the 'bigger' rider category.;)

PM me with possible dates and I'll see if the Doris is feeling benign.

This sounds like a fantastic idea. Shame Herne Hill is closed, but i'd be up for a trip down to Southampton. Am surprised everyone hasn't signed up already.

I'm "sure" if there was enough of us interested we could prob get them to arrange a saturday intensive session to get us all from zero to hero without having to pop down every week.

Tollers

Young Un

Calshot isn't representative of a true Velodrome - the track is crazily short and steep, and apparently you struggle to get up onto the banking - I would avoid it to be honest!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Young Un said:
Calshot isn't representative of a true Velodrome - the track is crazily short and steep, and apparently you struggle to get up onto the banking - I would avoid it to be honest!

Boll0cks mate. That's exactly why it's such good fun. No difficulty getting up the banking.

Young Un

BentMikey said:
Boll0cks mate. That's exactly why it's such good fun. No difficulty getting up the banking.

Like I said, just my two pense worth. I don't want to start an arguement, because I really can't be bothered. I will just say that I am getting my information from Manchester and Newport coachjes who say there are only 2 velodromes in the UK.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Any takers? If we got a group together we can have an intensive session and be track ready?!!!

BigSteev

Oddly enough the first time I went to Manchester I was a little disappointed at how spacious it seemed but then I guess my ideas of what a track should look like are based on going to 6-day races as a kid so I'd definitely be up for trying Calshot.

jay clock

Massive member
I am one of the cr@ppest cyclists around and I managed two fantastic sessions there. Looking at it it is hard to see how you can get up the banking but I did and I loved it.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
hi BigSteev , this has been shelved for the time being but I will try and drum it up again at a later stage as need to get numbers to go and before Christmas is probably difficult - perhaps in the new year!

Top Bottom