Can 2000 (speeding?) motorists be wrong?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/lo...cameras-are-being-railroaded-through-1.296524

“This is a desperate attempt to railroad through A9 average speed cameras which do not have public support."
"the SNP must show proper leadership and cancel this flawed project in order to regain voters’ trust in the Highlands"

Seems to me that many of the other 5 million in Scotland and beyond are not outraged by this 'desperation'.
Methinks Id rather trust the SNP 'leadership' on this one.

I don't think I would trust any politician as far as I could throw them but have to agree with the proposals.

oldstrath

Über Member
Now there's an idea: why don't they go by railroad?
Because we have a single track railway north of Perth, with relatively slow journey times, not all that frequent, and quite expensive if you can't byAdvance tickets. Actually I do use the railway rather than the A9, but doing so does involve some sacrifices. on the other hand, if our glorious leaders invested the money they are planning to spend on dualling the A9 on railway and bike links instead ...

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the standard of driving (especially truck driving) on the A9 north of Perth as far north as the Kessock Bridge is rubbish. I've thought long and hard about a repeat of LonJoG and the A9 (and the A90) is probably making it a no.

D

Deleted member 26715

Why do you Scots believe you have everything so bad? You have the worst drivers, you have the worst railways, you have the worst politicians, if you don't like it there move elsewhere, oh I forgot most of you do!

Alan...

mmmmartin

Random geezer
I've thought long and hard about a repeat of LonJoG and the A9 (and the A90) is probably making it a no.
Ah yes, I have very fond memories of that. Particularly the cycle path next to the Inverness bit. I recall it being wide enough to provide a whole two inches of space each side of the handlebars. And I did particularly enjoy that conversation you had with that lorry driver on the Drumochter Pass. Well, I say "conversation", it was more of a monologue really. We could hear what you were saying, and we were inside the van 100 yards away. Still, it would have been an education for him to hear how people address each when angry in Sarf Lunnun.

The drop in accidents and fatalities in Cambridgeshire defied all the predictions by the Allliance of Bad Drivers, provingtheir worth.

As for the "unhappy motorists" isn't it a bit like expecting turkeys to vote for Christmas.

Top Bottom