Can you name things that youngsters of today won't know?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Proper winter for me is when there is snow on the ground for more than a couple of days on more than one occasion and when there are weeks of frosts.

I don't keep records but just from memory winters were regularly proper before I moved to the states in the mid 80s, and infrequently proper after I came back at the end of the 80s. We've had one or two proper-ish ones since then, but I couldn't name the years.
'94, we'd snow whilst April.

Did the Summer MLTB training in March, in knee deep snow.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Not even a top ten coldest temp in the UK. 2010 was not a severe winter by any standard and in no way can be considered comparable to 1963.

The sea froze for a number of miles off shore in 63 did not even come close in 10.
As has been said, that year was an extreme, not a norm. Average December 2010 temperatures were 5C lower than usual for the month.

Proto

Legendary Member
Citroen 2CV's.
There’s one in my garage.

Mine is the red one.

FE64421B-ED45-4A1A-8CFB-5A11B3E186AD.jpeg

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Managing a 15 minute train trip without letting everyone else know what they'd done/not done. Courtesy of a non-stop call on a mobile phone. Some get so carried away they don't realise they're going through a tunnel.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Or the local "Valley of the deaf", which has similar results.
I live in the "Village of the Deaf and Dumb" no phone signals on any network - so much for technology (it's fine if you stand in the middle of a field however :angry:)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The term "BOBFOC", which I used today to describe Aphex Twin's video for Windowlicker. I was a bit surprised as I thought it a well known bit of slang, but not apparently with 20 year olds.

Who I've just realised were 2 when that song was released.

I might try a Matrix reference tomorrow.
A bloody classic. A pal bought me the calendar that was, incongrouously, part of the Windowlicker merch offering.

Top Bottom