Canyon Endurace versus Cannondale Synapse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

narocan

I just turned 55 and I want to start getting into biking again. We used to bike 10-20 miles a few times a week with a small group of friends but stopped 25+ years ago. Although I still have my 1985 Nishiki road bike, I believe I am due for an upgrade.

On one hand, I want to be prudent and buy an AL bike and try it out for a year before I spring up for something better; on the other hand, I feel that buying a nicer bike now will make me want to ride it more and I will have more fun in the process. The below bikes are around $2,500-$3,000, which is around the maximum I want to spend for now.

CANNONDALE Synapse 2 LE. (has the Shimano 105 Di set)

CANYON Endurace CF7 Di2 (has the 105 Di set) (NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL LATE FEBRUARY OR MARCH)

CERVELO Caledonia 105 (not Di). (Di's price is out of my range)

My main concern is that it is as comfortable as it could be but at the same time agile and fast enough for me to keep up with the local bike club rides. I am partial to the Shimano Di set and also I want hydraulic brakes.

Which one would you choose? Is there another one, I should consider?

Thank you for your guidance on this. Hope to be a regular contributor once I start riding again.

Neal

Gillstay

Über Member
Not sure if your like the UK but we have lots of very cheap virtually unused second hand bikes about. You can buy a much better bike second hand. My brother just got a £750 bike for £350, rather than spending the £500 on a new one as originally planned. Bike had done £30 miles.

vickster

Legendary Member
Not sure if your like the UK but we have lots of very cheap virtually unused second hand bikes about. You can buy a much better bike second hand. My brother just got a £750 bike for £350, rather than spending the £500 on a new one as originally planned. Bike had done £30 miles.

location says Los Angeles, so the figures in dollars in the OP make sense

Venod

Eh up
The Synapse carbon is a fantastic frame, very comfortable but quick if you want to up the power, don't know how it compares to the others you mentioned but it would be my choice.

Top Bottom