Carlton Criterium Restoration P1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
smart, in my mind that's what a bike should look like, I know oversixed tubing and compact frames are better but still

them tyres is nice too

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
smart, in my mind that's what a bike should look like, I know oversized tubing and compact frames are better but still

them tyres is nice too

Work of the devil...
laugh.gif

Spokesmann

£38 is a bit steep. I was lucky to get mine with my second Criterium, as Ive said they always get lost, broken or damaged. A nice finishing touch though...

The pics are from two Raleigh brochures of the period.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Lovely bikes! According to the 1970 advert below, the Criterium was fist introduced in 1969, and those 'sporty' mudguards are stainless steel and were made by Weinmann no less!

06.JPG

Love these old catalogues.

Are those two chappies in the dated track suits trying to do track stands!

Brilliant stuff.
:biggrin: No Mike they are both British Gas employee,s proving the point Carltons are not made from Gas Pipes :rolleyes:

giant man

Loving this renovation of a Carlton chaps and have to say Spokesmann I saw your Carltons on another forum (your green and mauve Corsas) and they are just superb my man! Carry on the good work, lovely bikes ......

Goldfang

Love the old catalogue pictures, I am pretty sure that the red haired guy on the right in the picture is Tony Gowland (I used to live next door to his aunt) former professional rider sponsored by Skol lager! He won the Skol six day event in the 70's with Patrick Sercu. Is the track Herne Hill?

Spokesmann

Love the old catalogue pictures, I am pretty sure that the red haired guy on the right in the picture is Tony Gowland (I used to live next door to his aunt) former professional rider sponsored by Skol lager! He won the Skol six day event in the 70's with Patrick Sercu. Is the track Herne Hill?

In the news just is Herne Hill about it falling into disrepair.

Spokesmann

Loving this renovation of a Carlton chaps and have to say Spokesmann I saw your Carltons on another forum (your green and mauve Corsas) and they are just superb my man! Carry on the good work, lovely bikes ......

Thanks for the comments. You cant a nice bit of worksop steel.

Top Bottom