Cars in bus lanes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wester

Guru
On my commute to and from work in London I have noticed cars travelling in a bus lane but only on Friday

Anybody know anymore

vickster

Legendary Member
On my commute to and from work in London I have noticed cars travelling in a bus lane but only on Friday

Anybody know anymore
What do the signs say?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Check the blue signs for what times and days they are restricted for normal traffic rather then just buses and taxis.

Randombiker9

Reminds me last time when i had to up to the pharmacy to collect my prescription. That one the way back a car driver just decided to randomly brake (For no reason) which was in a bus stop.
I've never had a car in the bus lane (unless it was a taxi) but around here there's so many L Students on motorbikes that always overtake cyclists very closely. I know a motorbike is different then a car but isn't the rule the same for any veichle? (that's what annoys me the most about bus lanes)

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
It could just be that people risk it on Fridays because the traffic in London is usually appalling after 1pm. By and large, motorists tend to stay out of bus lanes here. The chances of being nicked are very high due to all the roadside and bus cameras.

Drago

Legendary Member
They're Freemasons, they're permitted to use the politburo lane.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Unless your Noel Edmonds who bought an old Black Cab and drove it around the Bristol Bus-lanes (where licenced taxis are allowed) so that he could make a point about the congested state of Bristols roads.

dhd.evans

Veteran
Reminds me last time when i had to up to the pharmacy to collect my prescription. That one the way back a car driver just decided to randomly brake (For no reason) which was in a bus stop.

And this is how i got to spend the day in maxillofacial surgery whilst the kind doctors put my face back together. Car pulls out of a junction into the bike lane ahead of me before abruptly putting the anchors on and stopping in the bus stop that crosses the bike lane.

This kind of driving is dangerous and irresponsible and should be reported to the police.

D

Deleted member 1258

In Coventry they are suspending a lot of the bus lanes, it make a particular junction a bit more interesting as I'm now sharing what used to be the bus lane with other traffic.

Top Bottom