Cars just HAVE to be past

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
On the finishing 300m of my short ride tonight, it is a very, very slight down hill run to my road end. :evil:

I filter into the light traffic, get top cog and sprint for the last 250. I am now doing 35 in a 30 and closing slowly on the car in front. :evil::evil:

Mr I-can't-be-seen-to-drive-behind-a-bike comes haring past me in his FOCUS ST doing about 50, then has to slam all on to get into the (non-existant) gap between the car I was closing on and me. :evil::evil:

WHY? :evil:

Cos he's a lardass, pansy, car-driving inadequate, whose female passenger was eyeing up my chiselled thighs and granite-like glutes, so you had to get by to stop her realising she'd been short-changed - PILLOCK.

And breathe out........ommmmmmmmmmmmmmm:biggrin:

wafflycat

Too many folk, once behind the wheel of a motor vehicle find that their brains take flight, and they are left with the mental capacity of a retarded amoeba. One way this is demonstrated is the "bicycle.. must get past.. must get past" mentality, irrespective of speed of cycle or whether it is safe to get past the cycle...

peanut

have you thought about carrying grenades :evil: `PING' ....1 second 2 sec...

Had a similar lunatic overtake me just before a sharp blind bend on a tight country road. He had to anchor on so sharp to slow down I nearly went over the top of him.! as it was I was forced onto the grassy verge.

I sometimes wish I could look them in the eye and just ask them ...why?....:evil:

A bus driver pulled out on me today (he was making a left turn into the main road - they drive on the wrong side here, remember). He wasn't indicating, he didn't look to his left and he was talking on his fukkin' mobile phone. I braked enough to slow down QUICKLY before shouting 'OI!' and gesticulated that he should use his eyes! He went ape-shoot but I was on a downhill and couldn't be arsed to stop to 'discuss' the finer points of his crap driving.

Must admit, though, I'm aching for one of those 'conversations', in the style of Michael Douglas in 'Falling Down'! :evil: :evil:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh..you need 350m of ride to warm down..... so don't go sprinting...in the last few meters........the ST driver knew that....... ?

Na he bloody didn't.... but when he saw the speedo to overtake you he probably did....... OMG...I think I was fast..he has no engine....

Don't worry..... just feel smug.......

yenrod

ComedyPilot said:
On the finishing 300m of my short ride tonight, it is a very, very slight down hill run to my road end. :evil:

I filter into the light traffic, get top cog and sprint for the last 250. I am now doing 35 in a 30 and closing slowly on the car in front. :evil::evil:

Mr I-can't-be-seen-to-drive-behind-a-bike comes haring past me in his FOCUS ST doing about 50, then has to slam all on to get into the (non-existant) gap between the car I was closing on and me. :evil::evil:

WHY? :evil:

Cos he's a lardass, pansy, car-driving inadequate, whose female passenger was eyeing up my chiselled thighs and granite-like glutes, so you had to get by to stop her realising she'd been short-changed - PILLOCK.

And breathe out........ommmmmmmmmmmmmmm:biggrin:

I think that too Comedy !

Rediculous aint it.

yenrod

I was going round 'another r.about today', (whats my luck with RA's, I dont know BUT....) - only the type which joins 3 roads.

Some girly didnt bother slowing or looking, it appeared - and shoots right onto the RA and yet again me ends up right behind her (only because I never slowed up - why should I) after we'd got off; the lights which where oncoming where on Green - I was wishing SOOO hard for them to change !

THEY DID !

So I pulled to her right - beside her.

Gave her a glance - didnt bother saying owt as it wouldnt have been worht it: didnt look like much was there.

Thoough further down that road - after the lights, (and the girl had turned left) I had to ask a driver 'what the hell are you doing' as he'd been unable to to alleviate his foot from the accelerator - for the last mile...and was right beside me and edging forward so I pulled to the left then asked him, well shouted, any chance of some respect pal - the answer: 'I didnt know where you're going' - I carried on forward speeding up as we were moving at the time with the comment: 'don't take the piss mate' ! as it wouldnt have got anywhere other than him playing jerk

CarDrivers irritate the hell outta me sometimes :angry::angry:

mondobongo

Über Member
I have recently discovered that they are also prone to driving slowly when I am drafting along behind them on the prom. I really think they don't like looking in the rear view mirror and seeing a bike keeping up, so they slow down, in their heads thinking well anyone can keep up at 15mph.

LLB

I was out yesterday on my bike with my mate behind. We were riding up a local hill (by the racecourse) and heard a car (a rover 200) behind us and another one coming the other way, being impatient, all of a sudden he was along side us on the wrong side of the road and the car coming the other way was on the horn and jumping on the brakes to avoid a collision.

We pass through the roundabout which is fairly busy, my mate took the lead, and are then approaching a pinch point (pedestrian island). I hear another car (big merc ML270 4x4) behind us and move into the primary to protect myself and my mate from being squeezed out. Half expecting to hear his horn, I was pleasantly surprised when he backed off and stayed behind till we were through, before coming past at a safe point.

So the moral of the story is that the driver who is in control of the vehicle, and they will either choose to drive safely or not. Idiots drive different cars, and to say that someone is a good driver just because they drive a prius or a 2CV just doesn't hold water.

yello

That 'must get past' attitude is not just with bikes, it's with anything. I've seen ludicrous attempts at overtaking, or getting through gaps or past stopped vehicles etc... you can just sense the tension in the driver. I have no idea what possess people when they get behind the wheel of a car.

A bit of calm, and momentary pause to lift the foot from the accelerator, and all would resolve itself safely. But, no, the driver's locked into a tunnel vision that sees only something in front of them.

yello

LLB said:
I was pleasantly surprised when he backed off and stayed behind till we were through, before coming past at a safe point.

It does take you by surprise doesn't it? You just anticipate idiot behaviour all the time. When you get someone that uses their brain it fair takes you breath away - sadly. I hope you acknowledged him LLB!

LLB

yello said:
It does take you by surprise doesn't it? You just anticipate idiot behaviour all the time. When you get someone that uses their brain it fair takes you breath away - sadly. I hope you acknowledged him LLB!

I gave him the thumbs up as we cleared the pinch point :biggrin:

yello said:
That 'must get past' attitude is not just with bikes, it's with anything.

True. I remember being overtaken on a Scottish A road, somewhere up near peterhead, when I was in an artic. I'd seen a car behind me (at 40 mph, which is the legal limit for trucks on single carriageway roads) and he seemed content to sit behind: he followed me down a couple of long straights with no attempt at overtaking. Upon getting to a long left hand bend on a slight hill, he decides he's going to overtake me, which is pretty dodgy in itself. However, what really annoyed me is within 100 yards of pulling in front of me, he's put his right hand indicator on and stopped in front of me in order to turn into his drive. What is it with these idiots?:wacko:

yenrod

I've noticed over time that SOME drivers; drive slower in their immediate locality as if to set an example, prior to them pulling into a driveway,. The crazy thing is - what would happen if everybody did this...

Top Bottom