CC East Yorks Ride - Sunday 23 Jan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
There are a few new peeps in the area keen to go out for a ride (see this thread). Is anyone free next Sunday (23rd)? I was thinking we could meet in Brough and ride west towards Howden or Selby and back depending on how far people feel capable of going. The roads are quiet and if anyone wants to bail out there's the option of getting the train back, and indeed the train to the start.

We should also organise a night ride to the Pipe and Glass so Solty can join us. It'll give me an incentive to get my photos printed out as well!

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Unfortunately my health precludes riding in the very cold weather so I can't do 23rd unless we are blessed with a sudden heatwave, but I am up for the P&G as I will drive if it is cold.

sticky sherbert

Morning would suit me best to, I would probably only go as far as Howden as I only have limited time and will probably come over the bridge on the bike.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm working Sunday :sad: but cant make weekends even if I'm off work at the mo.
I'd be up for a night ride though, esp now I've got my new dynamo hub rigged up

zacklaws

Guru
I'm out for this one too, working the weekend.

OP
OP
HelenD123

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Depends on the temp, if its frosty best wait til 11, as i had my first fall today due to ice at south cave; back to the mtb til it gets warmer

:ohmy: Sorry to hear that. I came off on ice twice on a CC ride to Hornsea a couple of years ago and have been ultra cautious since then. I don't like to take chances with icy weather. Let's wait and see what the forecast is.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Hi all - sorry another one to bail out, a little bit short notice for me to organise, possibly need a few weeks for weekends (childcare) - though Sunday is the better day on a weekend if we do another?

Also Brough as a start is bit of a distance for me at this time of the year.

looking forward to the night ride, though not Wednesdays please.

thanks for organising regarless.

Top Bottom