CC forum members ID on rides....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...is there a formal or informal way of spotting CC forum members whilst attending rides organised by third parties....?

Just wondering, as there seems to be lots who go to rides arranged by others (i.e NOT FNRttC!), and it may be good to have some form of inconspicuous sign/signal that we, here, recognise, and others don't.....perhaps a piece of red ribbon round the left hood/brake/bar......or the bidon.....or odd pedals.....:smile:

It could allow members to id others, or they could choose to remain hidden....:biggrin:

oxbob

Are you a mason?:biggrin:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
stoatsngroats said:
...is there a formal or informal way of spotting CC forum members whilst attending rides organised by third parties....?

Just wondering, as there seems to be lots who go to rides arranged by others (i.e NOT FNRttC!), and it may be good to have some form of inconspicuous sign/signal that we, here, recognise, and others don't.....perhaps a piece of red ribbon round the left hood/brake/bar......or the bidon.....or odd pedals.....:ohmy:

It could allow members to id others, or they could choose to remain hidden....:smile:

I normally find my cycle chat top gives it away :biggrin:

Yeh - bummer! Thinking of not wearing mine next time 4F - mind you the pockets can hold a lot of extra supplies for folk and I am still working out how to stash with only three pockets instead of six or nine!

Keep an eye out for helmetcams, big scars across the face, marmite crisp eating individuals sitting atop a farmer's front gate with wheels, bikes with no mudguards - that'll be the CycleChat incogniscenti...:biggrin:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I like the odd pedal approach. One spd, one look and a ordinary flat one just for something extra.:cry:

yenrod

>...is there a formal or informal way of spotting CC forum members whilst attending rides organised by third parties....?

= "hI, this is ok aint it (the ride)....do you go on Cycle-Chat Forum......."

:cry:

ChrisKH

Guru
Aperitif said:
Yeh - bummer! Thinking of not wearing mine next time 4F - mind you the pockets can hold a lot of extra supplies for folk and I am still working out how to stash with only three pockets instead of six or nine!

Keep an eye out for helmetcams, big scars across the face, marmite crisp eating individuals sitting atop a farmer's front gate with wheels, bikes with no mudguards - that'll be the CycleChat incogniscenti...:blush:

Yes, I burnt mine last week. I'll never turn up for a ride with mudguards on again. The ignominy of doing the last Fnrttc with mudguards was just too much. I had to ride at the back in shame whilst people spat at me.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I often wear my CC top...

Mind you, it might be a hazard, Suppose you collared someone and then realised it was someone you detested (or more embarassingly, hadn't heard of...)

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Aperitif said:
Keep an eye out for helmetcams, big scars across the face, marmite crisp eating individuals sitting atop a farmer's front gate with wheels, bikes with no mudguards - that'll be the CycleChat incogniscenti...:biggrin:
I like to call it the "Peloton of Shame"

Top Bottom