CC Manchester/Cheshire FIXED Ride (or any bike)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
OK,

Subject to popular demand, we are planning this ride again over the Autumn....

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-kingdom/stockport/535897295579

But, with the Wizard cut out, although we will still climb the same over a mile or two more.

Why....cos some of us fancy it on Fixed...... it's not flat.... but the Wizard is a bit much on a Fixed. :biggrin:

All welcome, fixed, or not, so it's a little flatter - ahem......

Last ride was suggested Stockport Station start.... not bad, still open to suggestions. Ride out via Bramhall (nice) and into Cheshire. Lunch at Jodrell Bank...YES JODRELL BANK..like last time....good coffee, and some good cakes....... back via the lanes (J4CKO's commute)......

It isn't flat, but is is do-able on about 70"-74" - I'll be riding 74".

If you fancy battering us on your road bike, then fine....... just a change for the fixed bikes to come out.....

October/November - weather a bit damp...... ah well.....:smile:

Any takers and suggested dates.... SUNDAY MORNINGS ARE BEST FOR ME........... OK ? :ohmy:

First suggestion is

Dan_bo
Longers
Fossyant

Any other takers...??? Fixed or gears..... yes gears are very welcome....:smile:

PS the Coffee is rather good.......... some fantastic lanes, and some little shocks with the lanes.... great..... :blush:

Pace.....don't worry...we stick together..no bonus points for killing anyone......if you do you buy coffee.. very social, great countryside, and a good nosey at the big dish............:biggrin:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i might be up for it, on the vintage claud butler that's running 46x20.

i'll probably pick you up in bramhall if bikes on a train to stockport station are a problem.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
alecstilleyedye said:
i'll probably pick you up in bramhall if bikes on a train to stockport station are a problem.
You should be fine with Northern (Crewe - Mcr Piccadilly) (will carry two or more bikes, first come first served basis at guard's discretion) or Arriva (Milford Haven - Mcr Picadilly) (two bikes only, staff discretion again).

The Virgin trains can be more tricky - don't bother trying to get a Pendolino (you need a reservation) but Cross Country (Bournemouth - Mcr Piccadilly) should be ok. AFAIK all the above stop at Stockport, check the National Rail website though.

Tharg2007

Veteran
would like to but unlikely to get out of duties, got my pass for the velodromery so im all out.
Would be nice though, although im on 46/16 so might struggle a bit at windmill wood.
when would this be just out of interest?

stevevw

Guru
I may have to venture north to eeer visit our kids this autumn :smile:, so may be possible for me to smuggle the fixed in to the car ;)

Landslide

Rare Migrant
14815_300.jpg

Top Bottom