CC Manchester/Cheshire Spring ride? (Fixed or otherwise)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I put the ice cream icon on the map - it's the only food one mapmyride had......sorry......

Some ride data...surprisingly lumpy......... max hr for me 181......;)

fossyant

PS Sorry to Steve and Helen for all the pot holes...............;) hence we generally go for bullet proof wheels round here !!!! Tried to get my LBS to lace up some hand built wheels radially on the front last year - "no chance" he said, "or sign a disclaimer........" ;)...point taken...........

Alun

Guru
alecstilleyedye said:
next time we could stop at redesmere for ice cream. failing that, wheelock hall farm has a very good ice cream shop, or if we go for a hilly one next time (fixed for the loonies only) blaze farm (a54 between cat and fiddle and bosley x-roads) also does its own ice cream…

Is it possible to visit all of them in one ride, or would that be about 400 miles?

potsy

Rambler
Alun said:
Is it possible to visit all of them in one ride, or would that be about 400 miles?
There's an idea for the next one,the cheshire ice cream cc ride:biggrin: I'd make a special effort to go on this one;)

fossyant

Alun said:

Possibly...but I ain't going up the Cat on a fixed.......(not particularly steep, but a long grind)........ long ride though...100 miler....;)

No worries about the potholes, well maybe one or two where you couldn't hear a stone hit the bottom. Great ride and very good company. Latest report is that Helen has passed out, she fell asleep muttering something about unexpected mountainous terrain and heavy bikes. I expect I might hear more about that tomorrow.
Seriously, we couldn't have had a better day, thank you all for sharing that with us.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Alun said:

perfectly so. redemere's in macc (more or less), from which to blaze via sutton/langley (no need to bother with the cat) and from there down the a54 to wheelock hall via congleton and sandbach.

actually, lose redesmere and go to granellis in macc itself. lovely ice cream.

fossyant

alecstilleyedye said:
perfectly so. redemere's in macc (more or less), from which to blaze via sutton/langley and from there down the a54 to wheelock hall via congleton and sandbach.

actually, lose redesmere and go to granellis in macc itself.

Job for you....... plan a CC ICE CREAM RIDE.......;) hot sunny day g'teed !!!;):biggrin:

Top Bottom