CC Manchester/Cheshire Spring ride? (Fixed or otherwise)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
dan_bo said:
You know what? i've lived in manchester for 30 of my 34 years and been riding its streets for longer than I can remember but i've never done more than walk up the bugger!

34..you young bugger..........:laugh:;)............

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Ah but i look much older.......:laugh::smile:

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
fossyant said:
The Brickworks is a legend climb.....it's great if you've got your climbing legs...... if not it's terrible..........

I did commute by bike to the brickworks from Glossop. Once was enough.

Chunal, Hayfield, Disley then past the Hilton and over the top.

It's a fair run up from the Legh Arms as well.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Good ride that. Very good actually. Nice to meet you all. Me n Longers barped down the A34 (he doesn't half wheelsuck doesn't he?)and got home before the united fans got out of the pub. Cheers for the route fozz. I still get completely lost around there.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
great ride and great company; shame about the carrot cake (or lack thereof).

how did you get on with the coke/water mix in the bottle sharkey? mine blew the valve open twice on the a50 but still a great drink…

the route back to macc via prestbury was 'character building' on fixed to say the least :girl:

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Yep, cheers all for a grand day out. From thick fog to plenty of sunshine.

Thanks for the route Fossy, thanks for the tow home Dan and good to meet you Alecs, Steve and Helen.

Sore knee after the cafe is a mystery. No indication of it going to happen, maybe the loose cleat wasn't put back quite right :girl:

Bongo Fury!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Thanks guys & gals...... The 1000ft of climbing that Mapmyride said was actually 2500 feet :biggrin: of climbing in reality - the web apps can't cope with the short hills..... oh and me taking us up that hill at the back of Lyme Park, near Potts Shrigley :laugh:, that wasn't planned.......:tongue:

Just got in after a nice Sunday roast at the local restaurant.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I'll agree with all the above about a great ride out. No ice-cream though... very disappointed, Fossmeister!!! :tongue:;)

Got home just before 2.30pm having clocked up a (IMO) rather hilly (in parts) 64 miles. Beautiful weather, great route, smashing company. All in all a cracking ride.

As for the patented Coke-n-water mix... errr, it's still on the shelf in the hallway, having been hardly touched! :biggrin: I'll stick to one or the other in future, me thinks!! :laugh:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
anyone know what the average speed for the ride was? i'm having to make a rough guess on milage based on the route as i have no computer on the claud. i can use the average speed to make an estimate of ride time.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
ta, but perhaps the route back through prestbury would make that about right then :laugh:

maybe i should get a £4 comp from lidl tomorrow…

Alun

Guru
Great ride Fossy, and thanks for seeing me back to Stockport. I checked the map again and there is definately an ice cream icon at the cafe stop ! Those beans on toast have given me wind.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
next time we could stop at redesmere for ice cream. failing that, wheelock hall farm has a very good ice cream shop, or if we go for a hilly one next time (fixed for the loonies only) blaze farm (a54 between cat and fiddle and bosley x-roads) also does its own ice cream…

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Alun said:
Great ride Fossy, and thanks for seeing me back to Stockport. I checked the map again and there is definately an ice cream icon at the cafe stop ! Those beans on toast have given me wind.
Not surprised, there must have been a full industrial size can of beans on those pieces of toast!! ;):biggrin:

Top Bottom