CC Manchester/Cheshire Spring ride? (Fixed or otherwise)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
74" up the Wizzard is not much fun..... I'd have never have bothered, until I bumped into a guy on the same run.....except the git had 63" and single speed.... I stupidly said ....OK............

74" on the Wizzard is like a 1 in 4 on a 39 x 21.... for at least 1/2 mile..

The longer route is fixed friendly, so was our November route which isn't listed, but scoots the Wizard, but does climb the same elevation over a little longer........

TBH I thought it was fine on 74" and the pace is conversational.

trio25

Über Member
fossyant said:
You are not slow. So stop calling yourself slow. :laugh: You weren't slow on the track....

I think if you check the facts I was in fact the slowest over one lap on the track! My skill is going slowly for a long time!

Tharg2007

Veteran
so, who's in on this then?
can we set a date so I can book it in my diary and say yay or nay ? im up for sunday or saturday.
What kind of start time are we looking at? a later start would be good, like 11am maybe ?

potsy

Rambler
I propose Sunday 28th March to coincide with the start of BST:cold: start anytime after 10am.Over to you.
Scrap that just seen fossy's earlier post about the last sunday being a no no,21st then?

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Sunday mornings are taken up with Swimming lessons for the Eldest where we all go and get wet (Wifey does some lengths whilst I entertain nipper in little pool, then when Eldest has finished her lesson I get to play with her whilst Wifey looks after nipper... Military Precision outing!!) but she is having an ear operation in a couple of weeks and so will be banned from the pool for 4 weeks... so if the ride is within this time then I may be up for it!! ;)

Fancy having a crack at the Wizard too, be amusing for everyone else at the very least!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Proposing Sunday 21st March, the week before Cheshire Cat 100.

May be on a road bike though, shake down for the Herety prior to the Cat, plus may need my Garmin on some of the 'extra' lanes I've thrown in....

a_n_t

Tharg2007 said:
i hear Ant my have a fixed bike soon, im sure he will be up for it.
xx(

trying to decide between a powertap or a fixie!

Top Bottom